1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Moore: Conflicted Jerry Jones talking from both sides of his mouth

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 7, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,437 Messages
    3,677 Likes Received
    David Moore

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Jerry Jones will settle into his seat early this evening and crane his neck to peer past all of those fans wearing cheese heads.

Once the game is over, he will make his way to the Cowboys' locker room. The moment the doors open to the media, Jones will be cornered by reporters hungry for his thoughts.

What will he say, what impact will it have on the rest of the season and will anyone be able to interpret what he means?

Jones is difficult to decipher in the best of times. At 1-6, these are not the best of times as the Cowboys brace for their game with the Green Bay Packers.

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...cowboys/stories/110710dnspomoore.2d1b6f9.html
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    The more I think about it, the more I am starting feel like Jerry already has someone in mind for the HC gig and they can't start until next year.

Gruden - MNF contract?
    Coach Chin - doesn't want to start mid-season or contract with CBS?
    Fox - currently employed, not fired (yet)
    Fisher - currently employed, not fired (yet)
    Norv - currently employed, not fired (yet)

I also think that whoever takes the job will keep Garrett as OC, he's not ready in Jerry's eyes. No other explanation why he's not been promoted this season and Wade sent packing.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,819 Messages
    2,666 Likes Received
    I don't think there's any doubt about it. Jerry as much as said so in his postgame PC last week.

We just have to hope that Garrett isn't the guy he has in mind, and Garrett told him he didn't want the job right now. Which could be the case.

But IMO if he has that attitude of doing what makes him look best, we don't want him anyway.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones is a bumbling idiot....
  5. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No coach (except a coach already on the team) would be willing to take over as HC of the Cowboys during the season. He would be unfamiliar with the players, unable to bring in his own coaching staff, establish kind of offense & defense he wants to run, etc.