1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Moore: Don't get excited, Cowboys fans: Eagles still NFC East's best

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,926 Messages
    7,982 Likes Received
    David Moore chatted with Cowboys fans about a number of Cowboys-related issues Tuesday afternoon. Here are some highlights from the chat:

On if Cowboys finally have their answer at head coach and defensive coordinator:

David Moore: It's hard to argue at this point. Garrett is methodically changing the culture at Valley Ranch and it's paying dividends. Ryan's defense is farther along at this stage than anyone on the outside imagined.

On how Phil Costa is strictly as a blocker:

David Moore: He's a solid, scrappy guy who doesn't back down from a fight. He's not the biggest center around, but he plays with good leverage and pad level and is strong.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...cowboys-fans-eagles-still-nfc-east-s-best.ece

View the full chat here
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What an idiot....
  3. roughneck266

roughneck266 Well-Known Member

2,288 Messages
    233 Likes Received
    Interesting. Totally without merit. I guess the interesting part is that he can spew such nonsense. As of right now, there is no question who is the best. Might change Sunday, but the records are what they are. When the skins were 2-0 everyone said that no matter what the quality of their wins were they were better than us because that is what the record says. Right now the record ways we are the best in the East. I don't really see why the Eagles are better than us although they have the worst record in the NFCE. Just doesnt make any sense.
  4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,426 Messages
    2,050 Likes Received
    It just read to me like he was still looking at how great things look on paper rather than how they've looked on the field.

We should know about that, we've been the 'Greatest Team on Paper' for a few years recently.

That designation didn't turn out so well for us, and I expect the same for the Eagles.
  5. urface59

urface59 Active Member

1,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So were we still the best team in the NFCE in 09 when we missed the playoffs? I mean, that was a talented ****ing team if there ever was one.
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Their record says otherwise.
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,926 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    The NFC East is wide open right now. Each of the 4 teams have a chance to win the division or make it as a wildcard. It will be a dogfight. I have a feeling it won't be decided until the final week.
  8. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

5,120 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    I think the Eagles will get better as their new secondary gets used to playing their scheme, plus you've got to always respect that team for as long as Reid is at the helm.

But it's undeniable that they're flawed. The interior of their defense is weak, particularly the linebackers and safeties. Their quarterback can't stay healthy, and it's questionable whether he'll return to the level of play he displayed through the first 10 games of last season. And they're a terrible short-yardage team.

Make no mistake, the Eagles will be in the hunt come season's end. They're hardly ever NOT. But I don't know how nearly one full month into the season, one could claim they're clearly better than us or any other NFC East team.
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

22,326 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    That doesn't make sense, either. On paper, Michael Vick is not a good QB.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    That is what made the win over the skins so important. You have 6 games in the NFC East so you have to make the most of each of those game.
  11. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,916 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    Fixed it ..

#reality