1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Moore: Why you can expect Cowboys to make offensive changes as well

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 10, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,709 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    By David Moore / Reporter
    DavidMooreDMN@gmail.com
    11:58 pm on January 9, 2013 | Permalink

Cynics scoffed when the Cowboys parted ways with running backs coach Skip Peete to begin the week.

Is this what Jerry Jones meant when he spoke of making an unconventional move? Please.

Is Rob Ryan the scapegoat who allows Garrett and the offense to escape relatively unscathed?

If you believe that, you don’t know Jerry.

The assumption persists that Jones will force Garrett to relinquish his play-calling duties. The question is whether offensive coordinator Bill Callahan takes over or the Cowboys turn outside the organization.

The owner’s unrest isn’t restricted to who wears the headset and barks calls during a game. It goes to the offensive scheme.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...wboys-to-make-offensive-changes-as-well.html/
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Changes should be expected. I get JG's "process" but I think he has become stagnant as a play caller. Callahan needs to take over play calling so Garrett can focus on the rest of the process.
  3. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,684 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of like the idea of Jerry FORCING an offensive philosophy change with Garrett. I don't like the idea of it happening but it is apparent that JG does not have any idea of how to maximize the talent on his roster and play to their relative strengths and how to hide or lessen their weakenesses. Unfortunately it is taking Jerry to force this change and I don't necessarily believe that is altogether a good thing because it puts JG in the mold of just another yes man, or someone that is not in actual control of the team unless Jerry wants him to be.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    1,015 Likes Received
    Not really. As GM, it is Jerry's job to force the issue with his HC when an aspect of his duties is not working.
  5. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,503 Messages
    156 Likes Received
    Two things:

1) Jerry is only now realizing that Red's schemes do not maximize Romo's strengths while minimizing his weaknesses?

2) GM bears quite a bit of responsiblity for this problem for not building a reliable offensive line and running game to take the pressure off our high-risk QB.
  6. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,701 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    The bolded part is not necessarily true. It could be. Or it could be that Jerry has brought this up with Jason before, but decided to give him the chance to rectify the situation before forcing his hand.

I guess it's also possible that the whole article in the OP is off the mark and nothing will be done. I hope something happens.