1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: New Cowboy Terrell McClain: Rod Marinelli was a huge reason I came to Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,260 Messages
    2,456 Likes Received
    I can't remember the last time I heard so much about a low salaried signing. Having said that, didn't Remi Ayodele start for the Saints during their Super Bowl run?
    BigStar likes this.
  2. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,067 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    Ask his ex. She might tell you.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    That happens when you are signed early in FA (even boosted his superiority complex, he really thinks he was a find)...this team is backwards @ times. We basically got last day contracts in the opening days? Rush to sign the DL no one wants to a 3 year deal? Bust your whole career, but hey, the boys came a rushing in the opening days of FA, I guess I am something...Winning!
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    I heard Donald played a lot of snaps at RDE at Pittsburgh. They would move him all around the line. I can see him and Melton on the field at the same time a lot. But Donald would most likely not be a starter.
    jobberone and BigStar like this.
  5. BigStar

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    Considering the scheme, they could swtich assignment based off of alignment, or other variables, etc. It's not like we have the prototype 1 that we MUST use (1st/2nd down). We are square pegging this thing @ the moment.
    jobberone likes this.
  6. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,973 Likes Received
    He came to Dallas b/c we offered him a paycheck.
    BigStar likes this.
  7. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,921 Messages
    4,487 Likes Received
    AND he wants to play for Marinelli and this scheme where he may prosper more and get a fatter contract down the road. Everyone wants to play and get the chance to shine. What football player would you want who didn't want to get on the field.
  8. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,422 Messages
    5,973 Likes Received
    How many teams do you think were fighting for his services?
    BigStar likes this.
  9. jobberone

38,921 Messages
    4,487 Likes Received
    That's not the point of the article. He wanted to play for Marinelli and have a chance to play a lot. How good he is and how many other clubs clamored to get him is not the topic. And we don't know the real interest of other clubs although I suspect it wasn't a lot offering him a chance to start and play a lot.
  10. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,632 Messages
    5,547 Likes Received
    At least one and it was one he wanted to play for.
  11. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,663 Messages
    5,817 Likes Received
    The Cowboys often replaced Ware with Jarius Wynn (6-3, 285) on running downs but if Wynn played on passing downs it was at DT.
  12. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    I hope he will thrive under Marinelli. That's all I've got. :p
    jobberone and BigStar like this.
  13. BigStar

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    So true Z, but it was for peanuts. Still confuses me that we rushed to him out of the gate? That was OUR plan kind've thing? Rush to sign the DL that are generally signed @ the end of FA? It worked out bc we scored Melton, but rushing to sign "depth" basically.
  14. jobberone

38,921 Messages
    4,487 Likes Received
    If you want something don't snooze or you'll lose.
    BigStar likes this.
  15. BigStar

4,113 Messages
    1,624 Likes Received
    Your'e always good ;) The one mod that is "fan" in nature. No company line;)Refreshing!
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,632 Messages
    5,547 Likes Received
    Yup. Saved a lot of drama by getting what we wanted first thing. Waiting could have caused things to go sideways.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,498 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    I very much favor him being here.
    He has some explosiveness in his game. I know it's not saying much, but he certainly trumps Hayden and some others.
    He came at a decent price, is still young, fairly bright, more athletic than some, has some position flexibility, and, I think, has upside in our scheme.
    If you can find some tape on him at Carolina, check it out. It's more telling than the later stuff, even though he was a rookie.
  18. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    We would lose out on so much top end talent if we lost Rod. He's a recruiting gem.
  19. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    BPA on the DL @ 16 who starts would be optimal.
  20. 38 Special

38 Special Member

39 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I generally lurk and mind my own business. But seeing someone combine both a scathing tone with such a silly error requires me to respond.

The 1 tech lines up between the C and G, not the G and T. The 3 lines up on the outside shoulder of the G, not the inside shoulder.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2014/3/7/5482102/football-101-defensive-line-gap-techniques