1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: NFL Draft experts agree on who Cowboys could take with No. 9 pick

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Sam I Am, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Kipers a dillhole.

==============================

ESPN NFL Draft experts Todd McShay and Mel Kiper often banter back-and-forth while disagreeing about player rankings and team needs.

But according to their recent mock drafts, both agree that Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara is who the Cowboys should select with the ninth overall pick in April's draft.

McShay wrote this about the Cowboys selecting Amukamara:

Complete Story
  2. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,153 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    He just doesn't impress me.

I'd rather go O-line than pick him.

He's a great person though.
  3. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Tyron Smith? I think he will be a good player, but he is light (285lbs I believe) which means he isn't viable option to actually start next year. You spend the #9 pick on him and not even have a chance to start?

He needs more time in school, but I believe he is coming out this year.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm not impressed with him honestly...
  5. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Outsanding instincts, ball skills and anticipation."

Yeah, right.

How in the world did he end up with zero picks this year?
  6. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't like that pick much either. I wouldn't mind having him on my team, but I don't think I draft him at #9. I like Tyron Smith, but the kid shouldn't be coming out of school yet. Do you drop a #9 pick on the guy just to wait a year for him? I don't like that idea, but I DO think Smith is going to be a very good OT in this league.
  7. Meat-O-Rama

Meat-O-Rama Vegetarians are so stupid.

2,221 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I agree. I think there are a number of guys coming out this year based solely on the possibility of labor issues and whether there will be a 2012 draft...
  8. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I think if we stay at 9 we need a guy who is potentially a starter from Day 1. Or at least splits significant reps if in a rotation (i.e., on the DL for example).

As of right now, given our needs, looks like DL may be the best value and contributor if we stay at 9, imo.

That said, I still think we re-sign Bowen (or one of the other 2 guys FAs on the team) and pick up another 34 DE in in FA, so maybe it won't be such a huge need by the time the draft comes . . . .
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,406 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    I'd be fine with him, but if we do not go Patrick Peterson I think we need to go DL.

Marcel Dareus from Bama possibly.
  10. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    If Amukamara isn't on the board at #9 (assuming Peterson goes top 5), I fully expect us to go defensive line.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,960 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    I want everyone who reads this thread to use the word 'dillhole' at least once today. Come back and post the context so we'll know you did it proper. Thanks.
  12. Cowboyslife

Cowboyslife Benched

297 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd take Prince and never look back. He might be a good influence on Mike Jenkins.
  13. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm not sure he is there at #9.
  14. Sam I Am

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,153 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received

I think Sherrod and Carimi are both better than him.

I just think if this was any other year for corners he wouldn't go this high.

JMO and I could be very wrong about this guy but I just don't see very good instincts or anything.

I really like Aaron Williams from Texas better. I don't think Prince is that much better and Williams brings more value.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,153 Messages
    1,328 Likes Received
    I keep coming back to 5 guys..

Patrick Peterson

Robert Quinn

Marcel Dareus

Gabe Carimi

Derrick Sherrod

Get me 1 of those 5. I think they all hold the least bust potential.
  17. Bigtommyb

Bigtommyb Member

361 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree about Sherrod and Carimi, However if Prince isn't there at 9, we move down in the lower 1st and get Sherrod or Carimi. With the 2- second rounders get a saftey and De, Rahim Moore and Cam Heyward or any Saftey /De combo and that's a decent first day.
  18. DHuskerCowboy

DHuskerCowboy New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Getting prince at #9 would be a great pickup for this defense a corner that can shut down a side of the field makes the whole defense better. and its hard to get picks when the quarterback doesn't look your way. and please. please someone bring up blackmon yeah he got som jump balls on prince but he was right there and blackmon did zero in the second half zero
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,960 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Excellent. Both for the use of the word, and for using it accurately. Mel is a dillhole. No doubt about it.

Mine was 'one of you dillholes, get me a Diet Coke.' Not great, but I think I get some points for saying it to my wife and kids, right?
  20. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,092 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    I'm glad most folks are comin' around my way of thinking..

:eek:hboy:

On a slightly more serious note, I wouldn't jump off the building if the Cowboys draft Prince, but he's just not worth the 9th pick, imo. I'd rater the do the trade down thing, as opposed to draft him at that spot.