1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN pic : Bobby Carpenter vs. Vince Young

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by VoR, May 4, 2006.

1. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Stop ! Are you telling me the media got something wrong ? I'm at a lost for words.
  2. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,858 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I never say "us" or "we" when referring to a team I am not an actual member of, but that's just me. I do notice; however, that the players never say "we" or "us" when referring to fans but they simply refer to us as the fans. I do say "us" when referring to football fans. Even if I were a lifetime season ticket holder and had scads of Cowboy merchandise, I would not refer to the team as "us" because I'm not on the team nor employed by the team. They won't let me in the clubhouse and they call it a club for a reason - members only.

I don't have a problem with those who say "us", whatever gets you where you wanna go, I just don't feel I'm a part of the team, only an outside observer.
    :cool:
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    Green was one dimensional. He could rush the passer well. He was terrible in coverage and didn't paly particularly strong aginst the run. He was a 3rd down LB.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Understandable. I tend to refer to the Cowboys as WE because god knows I die on game days when we lose and celebrate when we win. Chances are many of us who have been fans for a long time know more about this franchise than some of our own current players.
  5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,376 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    What's stupid is that Carpenter had a lot of success running down VY in that game. Carpenter was a monster in that game and looked every bit as good as AJ Hawk, if not better for that game. That was a defense that threw VY major fits and Carpenter was one of the main catalysts.

Rich.........
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I agree. I'm a big Longhorns fan and I was impressed by the OSU defense and the play of Carpenter. I'm very happy with the selection of Carpenter and think he will be a big part of the Cowboys D for many years.
  7. jman

jman Active Member

1,765 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Question...How did you come up with your name "Rockytop6"?

Seems kinda misleading being a Texas fan when "Rocky Top" is UT's as in Tennessee's song...Just wondering.