1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: DMN: RB Lance Dunbar (injured left foot) among 17 Dallas Cowboys players not seen at Monday...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Aug 19, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

39,419 Messages
    438 Likes Received
    IRVING — Running back Lance Dunbar, who has been among the best performers in the preseason, was one of 17 Dallas Cowboys players who weren’t seen during the early part of Monday morning’s practice at Valley Ranch.

Dunbar didn’t suffer any apparent injury during Saturday afternoon’s third preseason game at Arizona. But he was wearing a walking boot on his left foot Monday morning.

The long list of absent players included a dozen on defense: cornerback Morris Claiborne, safety J.J. … [visit site to read more]

Continue reading...
  2. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

11,879 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    I liked him with the ball in his hands but he should use this time to study pass protection schemes. It's currently a huge liability for him.
  3. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,589 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    Still no Mo.....
  4. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,682 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I can't take it no mo
    ROUSH8692 likes this.
  5. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    They're saving him for ny. I don't believe he got hurt on that.
  6. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

2,546 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    I must have completely missed Albright being out for the season. I thought it was a day to day injury. What happened?
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,289 Messages
    10,421 Likes Received
    Injury required back surgery. Released injured, and will be IRd once he clears waivers.
  8. Erik_H

2,546 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Bummer.

Leaves Magee, McSurdy, Reed and Sims to fight it out for the remaining spots, but one of em probably just made the team where they wouldn't have otherwise. Lee, Carter, Durant and Holloman were locks IMO, but I don't see us keeping 8 LBers.
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

34,289 Messages
    10,421 Likes Received
    Broadus speculated it might mean a spot opens up for Armstrong, of all things, given that it'd be the ST reps we're most likely to try to replace. Who knows?
  10. Erik_H

2,546 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Yeah, who can tell. With it looking like we are keeping 4RB and 4TE's, It would be tough to see 6WRs as well though. Heck, it may even open the door for someone like Heath or Frampton.

Lousy news for Albright though. A back injury like his could be a career ender.
  11. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    I don't think Albright was going to be Sims out. Sims is a lock to make this team. He was by far one of the best LB in camp before his injury.
  12. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

5,282 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    I hope they don't keep 4 RB's. I think it's a waste of a roster spot. I have a feeling that tanner doesn't make the team. I think they will keep an extra safety over that 4th RB. It think they would be just fine with Murray Dunbar and Randle.