1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Rob Ryan defends Cowboys performance

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 10, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,233 Messages
    7,062 Likes Received
    ByDavid Moore / Reporter

dmoore@dallasnews.com | Bio

3:43 PM on Fri., Dec. 9, 2011 | Permalink
    The Cowboys defense has had trouble stopping opponents in the second half of the last three games.

In answering questions on that topic Friday, Rob Ryan pointed out that his defense has allowed only one team more than 20 points over the last five games and that the Cowboys rank fifth in the league in scoring defense over that span.

"Guys, honestly now, I mean, they had a couple of drives there, but with 10 points in a half, that's not anything to jump off a building for,'' Ryan said. "I mean, although people around here are. But don't worry, they won't be this week or any other week.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/defensive-coordinator-rob-ryan.html
  2. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,746 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    I've learned to pay absolutely no attention to Ryan and his proclamations.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,009 Messages
    7,756 Likes Received
    He's actually right about this one. People are overreacting to our the performance of our defense in recent weeks.
  4. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,543 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    I don't like the "let ups" on certain drives by the defense, but when they keep the overall score under 20 points they've given the team a great chance to win.
  6. esmith1790

esmith1790 Member

165 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    when he virtually using the same people as last year and the results he is getting, we should be thanking him.
  7. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    And the same people are folding at the same moments just like last year. It doesn't matter if they give up 20 or 200. If they fold when we need them then they arent doing what we need to win. Yes the offense has a responsibility but the complaint is and has been that when the going gets tough or defense gets going... backwards down the field. :bang2:
  8. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    I don't think anyone expected the defense to be the 2000 Ravens and completely shut teams out every other week.

There's been some spots where the defense has struggled but in the grand scheme the results have been pretty stout.

The only game where the defense just didn't show up was Philly and they were in LaLa land with the offense that day.

And I'm not quite sure I agree with the, "when needed most" argument. The only reason there are times when the defense is "needed most" is because offense isn't really doing much at all.

This offense is just too boom or bust. If they don't get quicker scores, they generally don't do much at all.

Since the bye week, Dallas has only managed 16 drives that were greater than 4:00.

Of those 16, only 6 have resulted in a TD. 8 have resulted in a FG and 2 have been punts.
  9. Mattsdad

Mattsdad Member Zone Supporter

593 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Hey Rob, how did that defense of yours do Sunday versus the Giants???? Mr. Hype, please do me a favor and get a HC job somewhere. Rob, fyi......when you blitz every down...its not good. When your players dont know who to cover, its not good. When you are up by 12 with 5 min left and you blow it...definitely, not good.
  10. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    this defense is disgusting. just like robs hair.
  11. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  12. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,558 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I'm done with this guy. He's Jerry Glanville 2.0 - like JG his defenses are all smoke and mirrors, based on gimmickry and unsound blitzes.

Hit the road, biker boy.
  13. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
    Fire Rob Ryan
  15. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,987 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Get a real GM so he can hire Cowher.

Our players on defense are made out of glass.
  16. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,778 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    Giants did anything they wanted on offense. Ryan's defense is a joke. Dallas gets run on, passed on, horrible. Fire him now. today. You can't do any worse. 3rd and 22...first down. 3rd and 15....first down. Doesn't matter, fire him fire him fire him.

In the biggest games he fails every time. His blitzes fail. People running free down the field... rediculous. High school crap.

All you have to do is look at the Browns. They are better now that he left. He is not a defensive guru. Fire him now. I started playing MW3 with 3 minutes left because I knew his defense would fail. fail fail fail. Every time.
  17. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nothing left to defend now Rob. Your D blows. It's been figured out and you have no sanswer for adjustug.
  18. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Get out of Dallas Ryan. You talk a big game but can't back it up. You are surely your father's son.

Your dad was a moron and so are you.

We never should have trusted a Ryan.
  19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,558 Messages
    1,815 Likes Received
    come on now...Upstate New Yorkers are tougher than that;)
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received