1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Rob Ryan on defense: ‘We have to play better than that’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,085 Messages
    5,614 Likes Received
    By Rainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com
    8:10 pm on December 23, 2012 | Permalink

ARLINGTON — Cowboys defensive coordinator Rob Ryan had high praise for Drew Brees on Friday, saying the New Orleans quarterback is “unbelievably accurate.”

“They executed better than we did,” Ryan said. “That’s all there is to it. We have to play better than that. That’s for sure. It wasn’t good enough and we made mistakes and that kills you. When you line up and play sound, you’re OK, you’ve got a chance. But when you’re making mistakes to go along with as good as a team as they are, it makes for a hell of a long day.”

More: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ml/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
  2. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,467 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    I know we have so many injuries but we seriously need to find a way to cover RB's out of the back field and the entire middle of the field or we are fighting uphill over and over again.
  3. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    Exactly and please stop leaving WR's wide open.
  4. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,220 Messages
    368 Likes Received
    Exactly. Brees doesn't have to even be Tebow accurate with how open his guys were yesterday.
  5. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,227 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    Really Rob????..that's what we get...we have to play better than that.....man I can do your job with saying crap like that....

I know there have been a lot of injuries, and at time they been inspired and made a few plays to help win games. but even when healthy they weren't that good.

They will need to be inspired again this week against the Redskins.
  6. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,784 Messages
    535 Likes Received
    I mean they were at one point the #1 overall defense and then the #1 pass defense, but whatever you say.
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,353 Messages
    385 Likes Received
    He has a point. When you play sound, you at least have a chance, undermanned or not. Leaving receivers unaccounted for and wide open is unacceptable. We got beat at times due to the matchups, but far too often we simply left a guy completely wide open. That can be corrected with coaching. Let's see if Rob and these backups are up to the task.
  8. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,071 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    I was baffled at the loose coverage.
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    on sunday they better play like rock stars:D