1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Rob Ryan predicts Cowboys defense 'is going to be great this week'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Dec 31, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

15,840 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan predicts Cowboys defense 'is going to be great this week'
    ByRainer Sabin

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/rob-ryan-predicts-cowboys-defe.html

IRVING -- For Rob Ryan, the night of Dec. 11 unfolded like a nightmare. The New York Giants moved up and down the field, shredding his defense in a 37-34 victory over Dallas. By the time the final whistle sounded, the Cowboys had failed to collect a sack and surrendered 400 passing yards to quarterback Eli Manning as their secondary was left in tatters.

"Hate to revisit a poor game by us," said Ryan, the Cowboys' defensive coordinator. "We didn't execute well. I don't think we did much well at all. I don't think I called necessarily good enough things."

The plan, Ryan asserted, was also ill-conceived. In fact, he acknowledged it may have been too complex -- an implication cornerback Mike Jenkins made only two days after the loss.

"We need to go back to the basics," Jenkins said then.

Ryan agreed, and he has since simplified his scheme...
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,371 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    On offense its JG saying we need to look at the film, we didn't play well in all 3 areas, we need to get better in all 3 areas, and after we look at the film we will move forward and get better.....

On defense it RR saying, it was a bad game plan, we will have a better game plan, and we will commmunicate better, we hav ea great defense and great players, the best talent, so next game we will show how great our defense is.....

If I want to hear broken records and the same song and dance and same outcome. I'll pull out one of my old vinyl records....

Need results, show us, go prove it, upgrade to CD's or iTunes.....
  3. Garland powerplay

Garland powerplay Active Member

1,228 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    thats all great get back to basics like cover receivers ,tackle , show effort and the reason why your paid.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Great, the master of smoke and mirrors is yapping which just means the defense will lay down. I would of felt better if we did not hear anything from him this week.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,930 Messages
    3,383 Likes Received
    How come I don't remember those times Rob?
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,689 Messages
    2,428 Likes Received
    [youtube]yV21TcbeAfY[/youtube]
  7. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,435 Messages
    198 Likes Received
    Never have so many words been so wrong this year.
  8. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,968 Messages
    629 Likes Received
    New England....Lions game, before Romo handed them the game....Jets with all 3 of our starting corners out most of the game....Redskins...Rams...Tampa...the 2nd Eagles game(we did pretty well)
  9. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "We're going to be great this week," Ryan said. "We're not going to make excuses, because we're not going to have to. ... If it doesn't work out, I'll be pissed off because everything we've got is in this one. ...

I wish these guys would just SHUT UP!! Quit trying to reassure the fanbase that everything's going to be OK! Go out and make it happen PUNKS!!!

Rant done...Thank you....Thank you very much.