1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Romo: Cowboys coaching rumors like the one involving Holmgren are ‘just noise'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 15, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,549 Messages
    3,399 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    5:56 pm on November 14, 2012 | Permalink

Tony Romo says he doesn’t pay attention to coaching rumors like the one that surfaced over the weekend about Mike Holmgren being interested in coaching the Cowboys.

Romo says that’s because they carry no weight.

“There’s a lot of noise that goes on outside the locker room and, honestly, as players and coaches in here, we really don’t listen to it because it just doesn’t matter,” Romo said Wednesday during a conference call with reporters in Cleveland. “All we know how to do is go to work and get ready to play our best game against Cleveland this week.

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...-involving-mike-holmgren-are-just-noise.html/
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Sure they don't listen to it. You're telling me that coaches and players don't watch NFL Network, ESPN, the internet?

Yeah, okay.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,065 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    I'm sure they hear it I'm sure they also know that so much that is printed and reported is BS.
  4. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Maybe so, but my point is they do listen to it.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,065 Messages
    1,616 Likes Received
    You are taking it out of context, he said they "he doesn’t pay attention to coaching rumors" Saying they don't listen to it does not mean they don't hear it they just don't put much into it. Geez
  6. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    If they listen to it but don't believe any of it, your point is not important nor worthy of mention.
  7. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao:
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...surprise me to hear that all the players in the league hear the media and fan comments.

How can you not? It's the most popular sport in the continent during this time.

With Romo having a spouse who was once in the media would tell me he is media savy enough to have access to all manner of topics Cowboys related.

More important is not to let the discussion affect how you approach your job and support your team in focusing on what is important - winning games as opposed to bandying around every rumour in the mill.
  9. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,128 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    You know Romo is thinking heck yeah! Holmgren, for the team he grew up watching, and he coached one of his idols in Farve.

I have no doubt he would want to finish his career with him. Just like Andy Reid has worn out his welcome in Philly, Dallas' offense has worn out it's welcome here. It's time to change.
  10. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    im reading you, i really am, just dont care what has to be said. Thats how they view it.