1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Romo: 'I should be good to go this weekend;' experimenting with wearing a glove

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,498 Messages
    3,331 Likes Received
    By

Brandon George / Reporter

bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    3:38 PM on Wed., Dec. 28, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo told the New York media on a conference call Wednesday that he expects to play Sunday night at the Giants and he's "experimenting" with wearing a glove.

Romo was limited in practice Wednesday after bruising his right hand in Saturday's loss to Philadelphia. The hand was really swollen after the game.

"It's continuing to improve a little bit day by day. Today was good," Romo said of practice. "I was able to do some things with the ball that we weren't sure about. It was a good start to the week. I'm just going to keep working on it and do a lot of treatment and stuff and I should be good to go this weekend.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-qb-tony-romo-i-should.html
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    I'd only want to see him wear gloves if it's really cold or if grip really is an issue.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,272 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    The glove doesn't even have to have fingers, and only is there to protect the backhand bruised area on snaps. Otherwise, it should really be a non-issue.
  4. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,246 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    He wore a glove before... To a disastrous effect, I forget what game it was but it didn't go well at all. This is terrible news.
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,272 Messages
    255 Likes Received
    Danny White, in a radio interview today, stated the Tony Romo injury would be a no effect status. If padding was needed on the back of the hand, that could be provided and not affect his ability to throw the ball. The only protection really needed, was for receiving the snap.