1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Romo talks about cyst surgery performed before April's draft

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, May 21, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,876 Messages
    3,810 Likes Received
    By David Moore
    Staff Writer
    Published: 21 May 2013 06:11 AM
    Updated: 21 May 2013 06:11 AM

“If this was the regular season and I had to play next week, I could,’’ Romo said Monday night on the eve of the Cowboys first OTA of the off-season. “This is just about being smart.

“That’s why I did it now. This will have no effect on training camp. No way will it have an impact. And I still think there’s a good chance I’m on the field for mini-camp.’’

“It was something I felt like was nagging me just enough,’’ Romo said. “I wanted to make sure to get it done now. I wanted to take care of it earlier rather than later.’’

Dr. Drew Dossett, an orthopedic surgeon, performed the procedure in April before the NFL draft. His wife, Candice, drove him to the procedure in the morning and picked him up early that afternoon. Romo fed and played with his young son, Hawkins, shortly after he got back home.

“It was a pretty routine afternoon,’’ Romo said. “I was back at the (Cowboys) complex the next day to go through what we would do in the teaching sessions and the throwing sessions this off-season.’’

Romo was restricted to some light conditioning work the remainder of April. He responded by upping his film work. His conditioning work has increased steadily in recent days and he has been cleared to throw the ball.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...3-weeks-because-of-surgery-to-remove-cyst.ece