1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Sherrington: Laurent Robinson has 'taken the star away' from Dez Bryant

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 24, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,713 Messages
    6,480 Likes Received
    Catch SportsDay On Air twice per week on Fox Sports Southwest, when Dallas Morning News experts discuss hot sports topics from the Cowboys, Mavericks, Stars, Rangers and colleges (check our TV listings for air times). Here are a few highlights from Thursday's episode featuring Kevin Sherrington and Eddie Sefko:

On why the Cowboys think they can beat the Eagles this time around:

Sherrington: Well, they’re a little different team now. Tony [Romo]’s not self-destructing nearly as much as he was earlier in the season. I think he’s gotten over that, at least he seems to have. He seems to understand that there are things that you can’t press with this group. You’ve just got to take things as they come, be more of a bus driver, as his old pal Bill Parcells would say.

On whether Tony Romo has improved his game by focusing less on Dez Bryant:

Sherrington: I think Dez is obviously one of those issues. Dez doesn’t always run good routes, he doesn’t always remember what he’s supposed to do, he doesn’t always concentrate very well, and those things are very problematic for Tony as a quarterback. That’s why he’s had such a good time with Laurent Robinson, why he’s adjusted so well. That guy runs the right routes, he’s a big target, and frankly, he’s taken the star away from Dez.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...n-has-taken-the-star-away-from-dez-bryant.ece
  2. BigDinAZ

BigDinAZ Active Member

1,401 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It just comes down to experience!
  3. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is true to some degree, but if you watch closely, teams still have a ton of respect for Dez's physical ability.

One of the reasons Robinson has had success in the red zone is that teams either roll the safety over Dez or fake that they are going to roll the safety over Dez.

Frankly, I don't think any of the receivers really care who is getting the catches. They all have a role, and I don't think losing any one of them is a blow to the offense at this point.
  4. calicowboy54

calicowboy54 Active Member

215 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Dez need ADHD medication maybe that will help him focus. He acts like a kid all jacked up on sugar and all over the place. I really think he has a psycallogical issue - please forgive spelling iPhone keyboard and fat thumbs
  5. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,179 Messages
    301 Likes Received
    I'm still trying to find 4 receivers for the Chargers that are better than Robinson.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,009 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    Garrett really needs to work with Dez this off season and Dez needs to realize it's time to step up.
  7. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    Robinson is a solid WR, he's not a star.
  8. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,475 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    When a journeyman like Robinson outshines a talent like Bryant, it's obvious why Bryant slipped so far in the draft. I doubt he will ever fulfill his potential.
  9. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,208 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Is Dez a star?
  10. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    He has star power...but his flaws as a receiver haven't allowed him to become one yet. But there's the potential to be a top WR in the game.

I think with Robinson, what we see is what we get. That's not meant as a knock, he's a good WR, but not a star.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    And it's not like Dez isn't having a great year. He's been quiet at times, but he's averaging 15 ypc and with 140 yards and a TD vs. NYG he'll have 1000 and 10. Thats a pretty great season.
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Dumb interview/article.
  13. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,208 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    Fair enough. Thanks for answering the question.
  14. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    I assume you disagree?
  15. Patton

Patton Benched

848 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It'll take Dez three more games to get 140 yards. :lmao:
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,427 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    Hah probably...my point was that it's not unrealistic.