1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Sherrington: Not time to get sentimental with DeMarcus Ware; instead, time to let go

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    That's not how we do things around these ways. We will end up restructuring his deal.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  2. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,605 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    Crawford was Spencer's replacement, not Ware's.
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    yea, i'm sick and tired of everyone having to get a shot in. that is so overplayed it's gone far past annoying and i stop reading when i see it.

NOT DEFENDING JONES - just tired of everyone trying to be clever at his expense. nothing new can possibly be said at this point, so it's just annoying.
    OhSnap and bkight13 like this.
  4. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    5,902 Likes Received
    It's way past time to cut Sherrington and the entire Dallas Morning News sports dept.
    OhSnap, jobberone and skinsscalper like this.
  5. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    If he's not willing to take a pay-cut, it's time to let the guy go. Ware is getting paid a ridiculous amount of money for the performance he's putting up. Indianapolis let go of Peyton, who won them a super bowl. This is why you don't have a GM that is also the owner, who is also a guy who gets cozy with the players. We don't need to be as ruthless as the patriots, but you can't afford to pay a guy who put up the performance Ware did the outlandish money he is set to make.
  6. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,605 Messages
    570 Likes Received
    You know, I'm not so sure the "patriot way" is the best route either. Don't get me wrong, they consistently contend, but they haven't won any more Super Bowls in the last ten years than anyone else has (admittedly they've made it to a couple). How much would it have helped them to have Seymour in the line up in their first loss the Giants in the Super Bowl? Or Welker on last year's squad?
  7. radioactivecowboy88

radioactivecowboy88 Well-Known Member

580 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    The Smart decision is to cut him... next yr he may bounce back... but that is an expensive gamble to take... if he doesnt take a pay cut then cut him. We need to get younger and cheaper... he is neither!
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    I'd be happy for him, he deserves to go somewhere where he has a legitimate shot at being a winner for the first time in his career. If we were a team on the cusp of greatness, I'd be all about keeping him, but we're a mediocre-bad team that needs some serious re-building. You don't re-build with 30 something's.
  9. kevm3

kevm3 Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    The problem with the Patriots is that they are TOO ruthless and cheap, and they stockpile all these picks instead of investing them as much as they should. With that said, they still make the play-offs consistently. I don't want us to handle things like the Patriots, but sometimes you have to make the obvious cuts. Ware has been a great mainstay in Dallas, but we've not made the playoffs the past 3 years in a row, and for the obscene money Ware is about to make, we can't afford to not make the play-offs and pay him that kind of money. Taking a pay cut is a must if he is to stay here.
  10. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,219 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I wish the Cowboys did do things like the Patriots.

They always seem to be good.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    I wouldn't care if he won DPOY with someone else but the reality of the situation is that simply isn't going to happen. He isn't that type of impact player any more. On the other hand unloading that contract and rebuilding with younger players that can play at a high level for a several more years sounds much more appealing.
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,081 Messages
    4,557 Likes Received
    If only. However, even if I roll my eyes its still press so I'm ok with it. I just wish more press was more....stimulating.