1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Staubach on North Texas hosting another Super Bowl: 'We'll get another one"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,518 Messages
    3,343 Likes Received
    ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:03 PM on Mon., Jan. 16, 2012 | Permalink

"I think we'll definitely get another one here," Staubach said at a reunion of the Cowboys' 1971 championship team. "The NFL is more involved now in telling the cities when they can get in. I'm not sure. The process has changed a little bit, but we'll get another one here. It turned out to be a great venue. We had a little bad luck there with the seats. That wasn't the [fault of] the host committee. I definitely see it coming back here."

But don't bet on NFL holding the golden anniversary of the big game in the Dallas-Fort-Worth area in 2016. Staubach believes Los Angeles, the site of Super Bowl I, will host that year's championship matchup.

"Fifty, I think, they were going to save for L.A.," he said. "But I don't know when they are going to bid on 50. I think we'll get one between 50 and 53 or somewhere."

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/roger-staubach-on-north-texas.html
  2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who ****ing cares about having another super bowl in north texas. We shouldn't bring the sb here until the Cowboys WIN another Super Bowl.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,014 Messages
    1,577 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with anything? A SB in North Texas helps the local economy.