1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

News: DMN: Staubach on North Texas hosting another Super Bowl: 'We'll get another one"

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

71,895 Messages
    14,697 Likes Received
    ByRainer Sabin / Reporter
    rsabin@dallasnews.com | Bio

10:03 PM on Mon., Jan. 16, 2012 | Permalink

"I think we'll definitely get another one here," Staubach said at a reunion of the Cowboys' 1971 championship team. "The NFL is more involved now in telling the cities when they can get in. I'm not sure. The process has changed a little bit, but we'll get another one here. It turned out to be a great venue. We had a little bad luck there with the seats. That wasn't the [fault of] the host committee. I definitely see it coming back here."

But don't bet on NFL holding the golden anniversary of the big game in the Dallas-Fort-Worth area in 2016. Staubach believes Los Angeles, the site of Super Bowl I, will host that year's championship matchup.

"Fifty, I think, they were going to save for L.A.," he said. "But I don't know when they are going to bid on 50. I think we'll get one between 50 and 53 or somewhere."

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/roger-staubach-on-north-texas.html

2. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who ****ing cares about having another super bowl in north texas. We shouldn't bring the sb here until the Cowboys WIN another Super Bowl.

3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

85,996 Messages
    8,647 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with anything? A SB in North Texas helps the local economy.