1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Stephen Jones: Cowboys don’t want to rush DeMarco Murray back from injury

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 31, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,938 Messages
    3,889 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    12:51 pm on October 31, 2012 | Permalink

IRVING – DeMarco Murray didn’t practice Wednesday and it’s uncertain if he’ll play Sunday night in Atlanta.

Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said Wednesday that the team is being cautious, not wanting Murray to return too soon and suffer further injury.

“On some of these injuries, if you push them, all you do is set them back,” Jones said during his weekly radio appearance on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “You might get them out there for 10 plays and then he gets out there and he’s looking down and it’s just not quite holding up. So, you really got to make sure, especially at these skilled spots — running back or receiver or corner — that they’re really ready to go. We’ve had DeMarco in a boot for two weeks, on crutches. Now he’s getting out of that.

“But he’s a tough guy and no one wants to be out there more than him. But we just can’t afford to put him out there if he’s not going to be 110 (percent).”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...to-rush-demarco-murray-back-from-injury.html/
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,365 Messages
    1,855 Likes Received
    I don't disagree but if we don't start putting wins up then what exactly are we saving him for?
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,333 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    C'mon Murray! Get your UFC-lovin *** out there. We need ya bruh!
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,609 Messages
    1,289 Likes Received
    So true!
  5. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,236 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    we don't want further injury. we don't want a chronic issue with his foot.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,605 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    I love Murray, but now I can see why he dropped to the third round ... the guy can't stay healthy.

Unfortunately, he's not someone we can rely on. Felix is useless. But we need to think long and hard about RB in next year's draft.
  7. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,374 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Assuming we don't get a good rotation back in FA, I would use between a 2nd to 4th rounder on a solid RB, depending on who is out there.
  8. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Would be nice to do that, but we have so many needs in the 2nd-4th round area that we will just probably go with BPA, cause most positions on this team are in need of youth.
  9. Doomsday101

75,365 Messages
    1,855 Likes Received
    He will have the entire off season right now Dallas can't wait, if he can go then I hope he is out on the field. You got 16 games that is it and with 10 remaining at 3-4 there is no waiting
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,236 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    you don't mess with a runner's wheels. is not as if he's a guard or defensive tackle. and even a tough guard can be lost for an extended period as was the case with kyle kosier not long ago with a similar injury. i can recall others like roy williams who had the same issue linger for a long time. yes we need him but at what cost? are you willing to risk losing him until next year?
  11. Doomsday101

75,365 Messages
    1,855 Likes Received
    And players play this game at less than 100%, hell you learn that in High school. If you are able to go then you go. If Doctors say he is running a big risk then clearly you take that into account but football because it is only 16 games does not give a player the luxury of waiting around until you are 100% healthy there is just not that much time.