1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Stephen Jones: Cowboys offensive line is ‘starting to come together’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 9, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    By Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    5:38 pm on October 8, 2012 | Permalink

When it hasn’t been false starts and holding calls, it’s been little protection for Tony Romo and few holes for DeMarco Murray and the run game.
    But according to Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones, the front five enters Week 6 coming off their best showing of the young season.

“I do think they’re starting to come together,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “Believe it or not, we believe they played their best game against the Bears. (They) had gotten rid of the penalties and we’re actually doing some good things. We just got behind because of turnovers. I feel like we’re heading in a good direction.”

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...nsive-line-is-starting-to-come-together.html/
  2. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,732 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    This is the guy taking over for jj when he is gone. Wow.
  3. mmillman

mmillman Well-Known Member

2,153 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    oil-men, not football- men
  4. fivetwos

fivetwos Member

121 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    SNAKE oil, you must mean.
  5. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    Well in all fairness to Stephen what else is he supposed to say? I bet behind doors they got their collected behinds chewed up by the coaches. If Ngata and company are who we think they are, we're in for another long game with Romo running his life just like Cassell was last weekend.
  6. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,743 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    In Bizarro World our ofensive line is the best in the league.
  7. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    That's not exactly what Stephen said...

He just mentioned that they played their best game against the Bears...and to a small extent they did. He didn't say they didn't need improvement, tho.
  8. Carl23

Carl23 Member

287 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    This is as bad as some of the stuff that spews from Goodell's mouth. Sometimes, it is best to be quiet, Stephen. If he hasn't learned that by watching his father, I have doubts that he ever will.
  9. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,146 Messages
    1,857 Likes Received
    I wouldn't put in quite as glowing terms, but I would tend to agree that they did play arguably their best game of the season against the Bears.

Given the level of competition and the Bears defensive line, I thought pass ptotection was considerably better than in the prior two weeks.

Doug Free in particular, seemed to elevate his level of play.

That said, the running game still struggled and that area needs vast improvement.

They will get another stern test against the Raves and we'll see if Stephen's optimistic assessment rings true or not.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    other then that Mrs Lincoln how did you like the play?
  11. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,672 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    You do realize that that Stephen is being asked questions by the media right? Mums the word doesn't really jell when your the 2nd highest Cowboys exec.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,891 Messages
    2,361 Likes Received
    the apple doesnt fall far from the tree

he is learning from the best shyster in the business
  13. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,696 Messages
    1,278 Likes Received
    I don't think Stephen is that far off. I'm sick of people pointing the finger only at the oline. The penalties were down against the Bears, the sacks were down against the Bears. 80% of this league's oline's are just as bad as ours is. Garrett needs to start calling better plays, quicker developing plays/schemes to combat a weak offensive lines. Other teams have done this but the Cowboys haven't adjusted to it. I know the run blocking is bad but that's where Garrett has to be less predictable and start coming up with some imagination on offense. Every team we play know what plays are being called. That falls on the head coach/o-coordinator.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,751 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    Say it again.
  15. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So they have they gained more talent in the last week?
  16. dhaber

dhaber Member

55 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"
  17. WoodysGirl

67,229 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    After the Tampa game, there was nowhere to go, but up. Ya know?

Let's hope the pass protection from the Bears game continues its improvement...and the run game comes together a bit.
  18. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    these guys must think the fans are delusional,they fail to draft Olinemen and bring in 2 JAGs and expect that to be an upgrade? Jerry has wasted the best years of Tony Romo,we may have wait another 10 years till we get a QB like him in Dallas.
  19. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,995 Messages
    1,129 Likes Received
    It's pointless to rationalize to the masses in here. It does not fit their agenda. Few will understand, more will dismiss.
  20. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,066 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    So he's supposed to get interviewed on the radio and say....... nothing.

Ok. LOL.