1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Stephen Jones: Cowboys offensive line is ‘starting to come together’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Oct 9, 2012.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    I call total BS on giving him 4 more years. TOTAL BS.
    Frankly if we do not show progress by the end of this year he should be on notice that it better happen NEXT year or he is gone.
  2. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,140 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I will not totally dismiss what Stephen Jones is saying... I believe they will get it going because it cannot get much worse than it has been!
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,859 Messages
    2,339 Likes Received

i think that is a fair point

to take the analogy further

if you come out of college with NO formal training in investment banking and get appointed the CEO of your father's investment bank and proceed to run it into the ground over the next 20 years (the cowboys have won nothing since stephen took over), i am not sure what i would call you but certainly not a successful investment banker
  4. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    well clearly you dont for yourself.
  5. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    So now everyone is down on Tyron? Give me a break. Didn't we go thru this exercise already with Merriman and Ware?

Wasn't the priority getting quality offensive lineman? We go and get one and then a defensive player taken after him starts to do well and now we say we should have gotten him.

As soon as I saw the game Monday night and Watt do really well I knew this board would be lit up with "what if's" and "should have's".
  6. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Nope, I hold myself to high yet realistic standards. You're having a lot of trouble answering my questions, especially for someone who holds themself to such high standards! With all that you've said I would think you could at least elaborate. Maybe your high standards are all talk?
  7. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Id just like to see for once what the players would do if someone at the top would say....

The play of Bernadeau, Living, and Free is an embarrassment to the star and the game of football. Cook hasnt performed that well either but he may get a little bit of a pass because he came in in a tough situation. All players on the O-line are being placed on on notice. If their play doesnt improve dramatically over the next two games, they will be cut. In preparation for that, we will be looking for trade opportunities and will be bringing in players who can come in and at least show that they want to compete and try their best to represent our organization with pride and effort.
  8. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    Clearly you have no concept of being held to a high standard.

If you cannot comprehend that the standards for a HC is wins and losses then there is no hope for you.

If you cannot comprehend that wins and losses are the standard, then why do you bother to be a fan of the Boys?

Obviously 8-8 is fine with you. But I have memories of the Boys when an 8-8 season was a total failure.

I refuse to lower my standards as you clearly have.
  9. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is what Houston did with Kubiack stayed with him for 6 years and now they have reaped the rewards as he rebuilt the team over time. Before last year Houston never finished better than 8-8.

Oh and Kubiack GM was a buddy he brought in from Denver so he picked his own GM.
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    First 28 games:

Landry 4-26-2
    Jimmy 6-22
    Garrett 15-13
  11. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    And Garret inherited a team that had made the playoffs recently and is considered at least top 10 or so talented in the NFL

WHile Landry had the worst deal ever dealt to a EXPANSION team

And Johnson inherited a team that went 1-15.

Wonderful logic you used.
  12. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    Wow. Coach picking his own GM. Now that is what I call job security.
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is what happen Charlie Casserly was run out and Rick Smith was brought in by Garry and he had never been a GM before either. They had ties back to their Denver days.
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,102 Messages
    1,299 Likes Received
    There is no logic in presenting factual statistics. Any conclusion you reach from it is your own.
  15. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,255 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    People say this team sucks. Then will complain about them inheriting a playoff team. Which is it, a bad team or a playoff caliber team? Oh I guess I can take the easy way out and say they have higher standards and should be doing better because the team had made the playoffs. Good grief.
  16. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, they did play their best game and part of the reason is because they changed the offensive game-plan, simplifying certain things, which impacted them in turns of lack of penalties and fgalse starts, which essentially renders Garrett to blame, at least partially...

It clearly demonstrates that play-calling impacts how the OL plays, just like OL play affects play-calling...
  17. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,000 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    He is a football man, simply because that is what he does. He may be a terrible football man, but he is a football man.
  18. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,689 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    And clearly you have no concept of realistic standards.
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    The OL may well have played their best game.

We got behind and panicked a bit but the OL wasn't putting us in 1st and 15 situations.

The Bears have a top 5 DL easily.

If you read Sturm's work Murray had a fairly bad game himself. And of course Tony was throwing almost every down.

The QB, WRs, RB, playcalling were all very bad against the Bears. It wasn't all on the OL AT ALL.
  20. burmafrd

41,841 Messages
    1,686 Likes Received
    UNrealistic is expecting more than 8-8?

Wow why don't you become a fan of the Browns or some other loser team?
    You would be quite content with 5-11, 6-10, etc.