1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Stephen Jones unveils new plan: Dallas unlikely to sign players over 30

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Mar 24, 2014.

1. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,009 Messages
    1,053 Likes Received
    Why would you be angry about it? I'm not. Just disappointed and frustrated.
  2. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,355 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Maybe. We will see if they even decided to buy a light bulb.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Great. We have a semblance of something we can call a plan for this organization to run itself by. The only question is will they stick to it?
  4. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Wonder if this changes how they view restructuring.

As far as potential dead money there's no difference in guaranteeing money to a guys who's 30 and restructuring the contract of a 27 or 28 year old to the point where he has more prorated money than the 30 year old free agent when the younger player hits 30 years old.
  5. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,154 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Lol at everyone criticizing Stephen's comments. For the first time in a long time I actually have hope for this team.

Feels great tbh
  6. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,118 Messages
    2,654 Likes Received
    I guess that means no Jared Allen?
  7. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    The Joneses need to stop listening to the media.
  8. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,369 Messages
    302 Likes Received
    I mean, maybe the problem isn't age. Maybe the problem is that our players are not good enough.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,677 Messages
    4,947 Likes Received
    Our evaluations and abilities to judge how good the talent is from season to season remains the biggest problem.

Knowing how to be critical of a player, regardless of how much they are earning or how much they are liked, has to improve.

If they for once said, you know, the play had diminished and we wanted to move in a different direction--that would mean something to me.

What they are admitting in a passive-aggressive way is that the players were getting too much money and were not producing because of age and injury. The economics were a driving factor. I can guarantee you that if Ware took a pay cut, you would be hearing right now how they are sure he will rebound.

Nevermind the fact we ourselves made the critical error of assuming they were better than they were.

Self analysis is just as important as the talent. You have be able to identify problems before you fix them.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,956 Messages
    1,848 Likes Received
    He was over 30 in the fourth grade.