1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Sturm: No practical reason for Cowboys to fire Wade Phillips now

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,749 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Bob Sturm

SportsDayDFW phoned Bob Sturm to comment on the Cowboys' loss to the Titans. The following is a transcription of the interview:

On Wade Phillips' job security: This sport is such that coaching changes seldom reap the instant results you are looking for. I think the only teams that have midseason coaching changes that are looking to get a head start on next year. For the life of me I can't imagine Jerry Jones will turn his attention to 2011 after four games. With that in mind, I don't think they are particularly well-coached, I don't think they were particularly ready to play coming off a bye week. What I am not sure is the solution is the firing of Wade from a practicality standpoint. Whom would you hire? It would have to be someone off the staff. And it sure seems Jason Garrett has his hands full as it is.

LINK to article
  2. hammer1

hammer1 New Member

684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sturm's an idiot. Wade should be fired tonight.

TONIGHT! :bang2:
  3. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,409 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    And replace Wade with...who? Garrett? Campo?

4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,009 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Firing Wade and hiring Garrett would at least make Garrett either sink or swim. Jerry would find out if he should be the head coach or not and if not then he could possibly hire a coach like Cowher next season.
  5. pjjrfan

pjjrfan New Member

190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The season is far from over. But the one glaring weakness is coaching, why not make a change, get someone else in there, don't change the whole system continue with the rest of the staff just put someone else in charge.
  6. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

4,241 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I agree...if Garrett fails...then you do interview process in offseason....if Garrett is able to organize the team...then your ahead going into 2012.
  7. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There was no practical reason to hire Wade in the first place. So why start worrying about what's practical now?
  8. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,391 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Gee Sturm, what benefits are we not going to reap if we change coaches?

Are we not going to win the superbowl this year if we do?! We would be lucky to make it to the playoffs with our upcoming schedule. We should be 3-1/4-0 right now considering the schedule.

Defending the "its not good for this season" result is stupid. Statistically and logically the season is nearing an end and were only 4 games in.

Its hard for me/us to stomach because we love our team but C'Mon......