1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Taylor: DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff have gone from great to good in just one s

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 8, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,744 Messages
    2,778 Likes Received
    Taylor: DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff have gone from great to good in just one season
    Jean Jacques Taylor

Every week, Jean-Jacques Taylor answers questions from Cowboys fans as part of a weekly newsletter. To subscribe, click here:

Here's a sample of this week's Q&A, which will be sent out Wednesday along with the rest of the newsletter:

Q: When are the Cowboys going to get serious about having a defense? Whatever happened to the Doomsday and the Flex? Used to be a Dallas tradition. -- Marvin Glick

TAYLOR: It's hard to have a good defense when you can't rush the passer or stop the run. This team doesn't have anyone playing great on defense, which is a problem. DeMarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff were great last year, but they're good this year. Mike Jenkins and Anthony Spencer looked like they were about to be stars, but Jenkins has struggled this season, while Spencer has been average most weeks. The same goes for Newman. Bradie James might be the only player on defense doing exactly what the coaches expected from him at the start of the season.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,318 Messages
    2,728 Likes Received
    Wow I agree again. I'm starting to worry about myself.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thinks it's more of Ratliff not performing to his normal self than anything... If the pressure is coming up the middle then it makes it easier for Ware to do his job.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ware is still great.
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    He's right: James, Scandrick and Igor, yeah I said Igor are performing up to EXPECTATIONS....just about everyone else has dropped off. Newman, Jenkins,Ball,Brooking and Sensi look real bad and Jrat, Ware, Spencer, and Hatcher have really leveled off. Part is scheme and part of it is depth: our dline has been banged up and the LB corps are thin and have been for quite some time. That's why Lee coming on strong is critical right now.