1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Taylor: Dez's and McCann's transgressions minor compared to Cowboys of early '90

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 13, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,059 Messages
    5,563 Likes Received
    Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor answered your questions in his weekly e-mail newsletter - Inside the Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights.

Q: How is Doug Free a steal in the draft when we are going to have to pay him millions of dollars? Was he a steal when he was sitting on the bench not playing?
    Bernard Henry

TAYLOR: That’s wrong on so many levels, I’m not really sure how to address it. First, I don’t know who said Free was the steal of the draft, but it’s pretty evident that he’s the Cowboys’ best offensive lineman. As a fourth-round pick from Northern Illinois, there was clearly a transition to the NFL. But he was excellent last season playing for about $425,000 at a position where the best players make eight digits. He has earned his big payday. Maybe he sat on the bench so long because this coaching staff, as usual, didn’t want to play a young guy until an injury forced their hand.

Q: Given the number of illegal activities engaged in by various Cowboys during the lockout, is Jason Garrett going to be spending a lot of his time as cop instead of coach?
    Sanford G. Thatcher, Frisco, Texas

TAYLOR: Brian McCann was arrested for public intoxication. Dez Bryant was sued by a couple. None of that, in the big picture, sounds too serious. None of that compared with the Cowboys of the early '90s is a big deal.
    Click here to read the entire newsletter

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/incoming/...ns-minor-compared-to-cowboys-of-early-90s.ece
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,995 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Those first two sound like people on this forum.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man this is the 2nd time in a week I've actually agreed with Taylor... ***?