1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Terrell Davis says underachieving DeMarco Murray 'running to darkness'

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NewsBot, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,241 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    DMN did an interview with Demarco a few days after the game and he admitted that he shouldve ran straight.

Terrell David was spot on with his assessment, Demarco is leaving too many yards on the field.
  2. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    2,095 Likes Received
    What was he supposed to say? That he couldn't finish the run?

Anyone with eyes to see can tell he was a step from being pulled down.

I also find it hilarious that this is the first we've heard from the media or from you CZ posters stating that he leaves all these yards on the field.

It simply isn't true. Does he have perfect vision? No. Did Emmitt? Nope.

I'm sure I could find clips from a 25 year old Smith leaving "yards on the field" if we pour over his tape from a bird's eye view.

Nevermind that that second clip is not an example of him doing just that. He was being walked and delivered the first blow.

Now don't confuse me as saying he is a top 5 back. I'm merely refuting this asinine point people are trying to make.
  3. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,644 Messages
    5,556 Likes Received
    Welcome to the NFL spotlight by being a Dallas Cowboy. It comes withi the territory.
  4. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

3,043 Messages
    1,083 Likes Received
    Emmitts greatest asset as a runner was his vision. Second was his durability.
  5. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,182 Messages
    2,095 Likes Received
    And nowhere did I deny either of those things. In fact they help make my point. I'm sure we can find clips of where a young Emmitt left yards on the field.

Darn that guy.. .. Always running to darkness!
  6. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,066 Messages
    805 Likes Received
    Who is over hyping him?

Everyone was happy we drafted a Running back this year because of his history.

He is not over hyped ...... he is what he is, a productive back when he is healthy.
  7. TheXFactor

TheXFactor Well-Known Member

711 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Chris Johnson HAS rushed for 2000 yards? That's your argument for him? That's hilarious. What has he done since then? You're using stats from several years ago as an argument for a player at a position notorious for hitting a wall, and Chris Johnson has clearly hit that wall as proven by the past few years. You could be right about MJD, he could bounce back, but Gore is getting old now and I believe that he will slow down this year significantly.
  8. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,855 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    Please don't get it twisted... Terrell Davis is trying to increase his staying power on NFLN. Anything to increase the ratings quotient.
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,855 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    You will find many. It doesn't matter though. The scorned Felix fans will latch onto the first negative sentiment around DeMarco. It comes with the territory. Sorta like flies & port a pottys.
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,855 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    This should kill the thread.

But, sadly, it won't.