1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Tony Romo’s appearance at meeting gives team a lift on dark day

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Dec 31, 2013.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot New Member

22,625 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) drops back to pass against the Washington Redskins in the first half of an NFL football game, Sunday, Oct. 13, 2013, in Arlington, Texas. (AP Photo/Tim Sharp)

visit site to read more]
    Monday did bring some uplifting news for the Cowboys: Starting quarterback Tony Romo was up and on his feet. Romo showed up at Valley Ranch to attend the end-of-season meeting after not going to AT&T Stadium on Sunday night for the game.

Romo moved slowly through the Valley Ranch hallway, shuffling his feet at a similar pace as 73-year-old defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, three days after he underwent back surgery to relieve a herniated disk.

“That just speaks to what he is, going to find a way to come in, see the guys,” Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said. “It was obviously an emotional time. I thought it was great of him to come and be here and just share in this time. That was very stand-up of him to be here in the midst of the pain I’m sure he’s in.”

Romo didn’t stop to visit with the media following the team meeting. But everyone around Romo expressed confidence he’ll be just fine next season despite two back surgeries within eight months.

Continue reading...
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Wow....Ware needs to be released and hopefully resigned. He greatly overestimates his value. Even if he rebounds from injuries, I don't believe there's a team out there anywhere who would give him even 10 million a year considering his age and injury history.

I don't blame him for backtracking on the paycut conversation, but we are hard against the cap and fools to pay him 12 million next year.
  3. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,402 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    I would think Ware will be cut. I think the GB game sealed his fate. He didn't do squat against a 4th round rookie man-on-man. Too many injuries the past two years. He is not an every down player anymore. I think Jerry Jones really needs his decision on Ware to send a message to the team. Cut him come March. Forget this restructure crap on Ware. He plain needs to pack his bags and go somewhere else. Better for both the Cowboys and Ware.
  4. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    29 Likes Received

Yeah...there's a team for sure. He's not worth it, but teams overpay all the time.
  5. Nexx

Nexx Well-Known Member

1,539 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    if ware gets cut he will sign with a 3-4 team and tear it up for a few more season. its time to move on.
  6. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Ware's cost outweighs the benefit regardless of scheme, but Jerry will hold off on cutting him and won't pull the trigger. He won't have the fortitude to make this move, and sadly some core players know they're safe regardless of performance.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,735 Messages
    5,267 Likes Received
    This is their time of year. The talking season.

I can't wait to hear how everything feels so different next summer.
    Zordon and blackbull like this.
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Unfortunately this seems to be a continuing cycle
  9. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

489 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I have learned this year you can't depend on this teams leaders.

Hatcher did well..

Romo had good and bad moments..

..Lee pulled his disappearing act..

Ware was a ghost.