1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Tony Romo interview with Ed Werder (Transcript)...w/vid

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 19, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,906 Messages
    3,854 Likes Received
    By SportsDayDFW.com
    Published 18 July 2011 09:27 PM

Tony Romo recently sat down with ESPN's Ed Werder to talk about a number of Cowboys-related items. Here are some highlights:

How did you get involved with Dez Bryant this offseason?
    "I talk to Dez. We go out and grab a bite to eat once in a while. Dez is a likeable guy. He's got a lot of talent and ability and he's behind a guy like Miles Austin who he can learn a lot from. I just think that he's young, like a lot of players in the National Football League, and he plays for the Dallas Cowboys and he had a little run-in when he was in college, so all these things together magnify every little thing he does. But you talk to him, and he knows the importance of the decisions he makes."

As a player, once a deal is reached, what will be your first order of business?
    "I have to almost plan for it not being reached and get our team ready to start training camp either way. We've been lucky enough from a Cowboys perspective to have a month, month and a half of offseason OTA sessions on the field. I think that'll prove dividends in training camp. Anybody who says that those things didn't help us and didn't help them, well, that's fine but I know for a fact that it went a long way helping us this offseason.

Read the rest: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...t-going-to-have-to-go-out-and-win-it-now_.ece

To view the full video, click here