1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

DMN: Tony Romo: My rehab from back surgery is going well, no setbacks; ‘We’re getting close’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Mar 9, 2014.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,859 Messages
    4,425 Likes Received
    Tony Romo: My rehab from back surgery is going well, no setbacks; ‘We’re getting close’
    [IMG]
    By Jon Machota
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    1:27 am on March 9, 2014 | Permalink

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo attended Saturday night’s 93-81 Duke victory over North Carolina at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

Romo and Cowboys coach Jason Garrett sat near the Duke bench, rooting on the Blue Devils while wearing black Duke polo shirts.

Following the game, Romo gave ESPN’s Rece Davis an update on how his back is progressing. Romo had surgery in December to repair a herniated disk.

“It’s going good,” Romo said. “We’re getting close now. Usually it takes three months, it’s just normal kind of roundabout date that they give you and we’re right on schedule. Really ahead in a lot of ways. Just going to be ready to go here in about a month and rehab is going good, no setbacks of any kind. [My surgery] was just a normal small version of it, so I should be good to go here shortly.”

While Romo and Garrett were in Durham, N.C. to spend some time with Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski and his basketball program, Jeff Gravley of WRAL-TV in Raleigh tweeted before the game that Romo and Garrett had been working with Duke football coach David Cutcliffe.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...ing-well-no-setbacks-were-getting-close.html/
  2. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    [IMG][IMG]
    BigStar likes this.
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    His career is over, I read it here.

This is impossible.
    dstovall5, casmith07 and jobberone like this.
  4. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    last year the Cyst removal went grand too.:rolleyes:
  5. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

4,071 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    I hope he comes back 100% but yeah...can we ever trust the organization in terms of injuries anymore? So full of it their eyes are brown...
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  6. noshame

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    I also hope he's well, but we better have back up plan, at the least retain Orton.
    BigStar likes this.
  7. BigStar

4,071 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    What's the point; Orton ain't taking us deep, draft his replacement or invest in his protection/options. Sorry auto-post mode, saw you pointed out back up plan:oops:
    pjtoadie likes this.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,871 Messages
    2,044 Likes Received
    Typical Zoner's responding to good news

[IMG]
    dstovall5, 5Stars, DavidS and 4 others like this.
  9. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,158 Messages
    96 Likes Received
    I also hope that romo is doing great. if romo come back 100% it still should not stop jones from drafting a young qb to develop.
  10. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    31 TDs and 10 ints with multiple game winning drives vs division opponents....on the road.
    Most would say the QB position was not huge issue for Dallas last year.
    32nd ranked defense? Maybe a bit more.
    dstovall5, Wheeltax, theebs and 6 others like this.
  11. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,462 Messages
    2,363 Likes Received
    Agree with that
  12. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    BigStar likes this.
  13. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,863 Messages
    222 Likes Received
    Rehab usually goes well till they get hit again.
    BoysFan4ever and BigStar like this.
  14. noshame

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Yes, we are aware Romo dinked and dunked his way down the field and when we got to the end zone he tossed it to maybe the best end zone duo of NFL receivers, in Dez and Witten. However, does his 27th rating on 3rd downs raise any flags? You know, on the down where you can keep the defense off the field?

But that's Okay, there's room for sheep on the board, so keep screaming 31tds and 10 ints!!!

Did anyone notice Orton came in on 2 days of practice with the receivers and put on a solid performance? Just maybe if he had a couple more reps he may have beaten the Eagles? He made some deep throws down the middle that you never see Romo attempt anymore, hence the 10 ints. Anybody who watched the 22's knows Romo has receivers open but he pulls the ball down because he will not throw into a tight window, this year will be do or die. He's damn good at hitting 5yd drag routes though, on 3rd and 8.
    Wheeltax and BigStar like this.
  15. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,465 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    There is a lengthy Romo sit down interview running on ESPN.
  16. BigStar

4,071 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    As a Romo fan (seconded), did you not see any differences in his game accuracy wise? I think it is that simple=our next 2 years depend on it?
  17. BigStar

4,071 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    IN the game...part of the game (disconnect)
  18. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,412 Messages
    1,020 Likes Received
    Through all the fluff of the above post what your missing and I'm impressed with is they were working with Cutcliffe. This guy is a beast of a coach. Manning spent all that time with him rehabbing and look what's he's accomplished since. Pretty impressive coach IMO.
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,784 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received
    yawn.
    M'Kevon, 5Stars, skinsscalper and 2 others like this.
  20. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,454 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Yes. It really is sad and embarrassing.
    5Stars, casmith07 and WPBCowboysFan like this.