1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Tony Romo practices with right hand taped

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 29, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,322 Messages
    3,191 Likes Received
    By

Brandon George / Reporter
    bgeorge@dallasnews.com | Bio
    12:11 PM on Thu., Dec. 29, 2011 | Permalink

IRVING -- Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is practicing again today at Valley Ranch, but this time he has the upper part of his bruised and swollen right hand lightly taped.

Romo looked fine throwing soft tosses. He wasn't seen with a glove, which he had with him Wednesday and wore during the time he stretched but threw the football without it.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/12/cowboys-qb-tony-romo-practices.html
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Before all the homers say he'll be fine and he's going to play, I do not like the reports we're getting at this point. I hope McGee is getting plenty of reps with first team.

Tony needs to be able to zip the ball where he wants it.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,861 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    Yes he does need to put zip on it but you also know the reporters only see the start of practice not the entire practice. Robinson said yesterday that the passes Romo threw to him had zip on it. And yes I think if all he is dealing with is a bruis to the hand that he will be ready to go on game day
  4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,310 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I would love to see us pound the rock in this game repeatedly. I wouldn't be surprised if Romo's pass attempts are 25 or less, and we rely heavily on the running game. If it is cold and windy, we may not have much choice anyways.
  5. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

5,808 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Might have to be a lot of dink and dunk passes. I don't like the thought of pounding the Giants with Felix and Sam Morris. Our team is in no position to rely on the defense to win us games.
  6. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,373 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    we are not going to win this game by running the ball,the giants will score often and quickly.
  7. Doomsday101

74,861 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    Checking the weather it does not appear it will be windy. I do agree that if we can run effectively and not have to throw the ball 30 time I like our chance. Last game out Tony was 21 of 31 for 4 TD passes and Felix had over 100 yards rushing.
  8. Doomsday101

74,861 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    we are not winning throwing it 40 time. We played a game where we put ourselfs in a position to win by effectly running and throwing the ball. Game where Tony is having to throw it a lot we have not faired as well. When you run you have more control over moving LB and safety off of the play action when you do pass.
  9. toto1939

toto1939 Member

69 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    re: 'hand will be good to go...'

i.e. - expect the ball to be off target/sailing high a few times (especially in the first quarter), with the Giants getting a couple of critical picks by halftime and not giving the Cowboys a chance to blow it in the last 5 minutes of the game.
  10. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,942 Messages
    1,208 Likes Received
    if things are progressing this well, with almost 72 hours before game time, he should be if not 100% close enough to it that his passes will have all he necessary zip.
  11. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I agree here. If it's just a bruise and he is doing as well as he is now I don't foresee a problem on Sunday night.
  12. bouttime

bouttime Member

88 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Just saw a video clip of Tony at practice here at the local affiliate here in NY. Don't know which practice it was...but that hand looked just as swollen as it was the night he injured it. Sorry fellas.
  13. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,402 Messages
    383 Likes Received
    Ouch. That's not good.
  14. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Staff Member

14,556 Messages
    1,644 Likes Received
    Right.

You're some random dude from New York who just happened upon a broadcast that made you privy to information that few others have noticed.

Sorry, fella. Not buying it.
  15. JerryFan

JerryFan Active Member

1,243 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    you'd never see the end of it on ESPN if true