1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Trash-talking Eagle mum: 'I'm not going to make a big issue out of the Cowboys an

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 10, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Bad Santa Staff Member

61,339 Messages
    4,665 Likes Received
    Trash-talking Eagle mum: 'I'm not going to make a big issue out of the Cowboys and myself'

By Jeff McLane The Philadelphia Inquirer (MCT)
    "I don't know what a tweet is," Eagles coach Andy Reid said, "but that was a bad tweet."

Indeed, DeSean Jackson's trash-talking entry on Twitter, in which he proclaimed that the Eagles would "sting they ***" before last season's playoff game at Dallas, stung only the brash receiver and his team.

The Eagles were swarmed by the Cowboys, 34-14, six days after the same team had shut them out. And Jackson was held to a humbling three catches for 14 yards.

Jackson's tweet (DeSeanJackson10) and some of the bulletin-board material he provided the week before ultimately had little to do with the loss. The better team won. But with the Eagles scheduled to finally play Dallas again this Sunday night, Jackson was asked if the trash-talking and the fallout from it taught the budding star anything about the power of his words.

Read More http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...tories/121010dnspoeaglesjackson.1bae5afa.html