1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Travis Frederick: My rookie year was OK; fewer distractions will help me become a better...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by NewsBot, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,984 Messages
    1,534 Likes Received
    You may dare

and, as others have said, the FO hit a home run on this kid...I was scratching my head a little when they traded down to get him (still think we deserved more picks in that trade, oh well)...but, he is impressive on many levels...I believe that the time spent with Waters helped him greatly as well....now, let's get a few more like him on the line and call it a decade
    jobberone likes this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,189 Messages
    4,618 Likes Received
    I'd love more but I'm thinking they are thinking that all the line needs is a C/G. And they may believe Mack can play center although I have no idea. If they like Parnell, Leary and Mack well enough then they may have a lower priority on OL than many think. I have no idea.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,779 Messages
    10,082 Likes Received
    I love him because he stopped Phil Costa playing for this team.

But I loved him pre-draft too.
    jnday and dwight like this.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    WHOA WHOA WHOA WAIT

Frederick was AT the stadium for the FINAL FOUR!?

But I thought only Romo and Witten were at the game with Presidents and Jerry sending the wrong message to the world.
    Proximo and starfrombirth like this.
  5. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,936 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    You make a great point. I wonder if Waters would be intersted in coming back as an assistant coach. It keeps him involved with the game to satisfy that itch but isn't physically demanding.
  6. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,936 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    But he wasn't in the picture so Jerry and co. must hate him!! :D
    casmith07 likes this.
  7. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

869 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Sharrif Flloyd who?

We dodged a bullet on that one. We have a bad arse center for years to come.
    jobberone and JustAGuy like this.
  8. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I know it is so great to have this guy.
  9. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    or 1st.
  10. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,612 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    Dallas has hit on three of the last four 1st rd draft picks and this last one is probably my favorite one. I think he is our center for the next 10 years and I like his intelligence, scruffiness and attitude. That is not to say that Smith and Dez aren't deserving either though :)
  11. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I still think that Fred could have been drafted a little later, but he is one of the few players on this team that I would keep if Ai was doing a total rebuild. I have liked him since he was playing guard in college. He is my type of lineman. Big, nasty and powerful.
    dallasdave and JustAGuy like this.
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,612 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but I don't think he would have made it to #47. Better to grab him late in the 1st rather than not at all and reaching on some other position IMO.
    viman96 likes this.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    think about it, #1 rated center and could also play guard. guards were getting sucked up like hookers at a shriners convention. if he is who we targeted, i'm find with taking him a bit early to ensure we get him.
    viman96 likes this.
  14. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    As I said, I liked him end followed him during his college years and I have always liked him. Looking back, he was good enough to justify the pick and everything worked out great. I haven't forgot my first reaction and the reaction of everybody else in the civilized world when the pick was announced because it was a round or two early. It was shock. I will go ahead and say it just for the heck of it...... If they had only drafted Warford to play next to Fred it would have really been a solid draft class.
  15. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Hopefully Fred can man the center position for the next 12 years and do it well.
    JustAGuy likes this.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,452 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    It's no coincidence that he's been successful. He's one of the most cerebral linemen we've had in quite some time and it shows on and off the field of play. We need more of those types.
    JustAGuy likes this.
  17. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,555 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    Love that we are building the oline into a strength. It will help the next quarterback whomever that is.
  18. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,736 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    He is one bad muther(shut your mouth)! He don't give...he takes.
  19. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Yes, he helps build an attitude, need more OL with that attitude.:mad:
  20. Next Years Champ

Next Years Champ Active Member

509 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I would be OK if in the draft if the DE/DT is not there..

that they drop back and get an extra pick and if needed..

take a top OL with their #1if needed.

I'd very much be OK if they took another OL/G/T guy they could stick in with Fitzgerald and Smith and Free.

Knowing every game we were coming in to run down the other team's throat from the 1-4th QTs would give me no end of pleasure.

And as a measure to protect the defense and keep them well rested.

Could happen.
    DanTanna and jobberone like this.