1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Wade Phillips protects his players too much

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 13, 2010.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,697 Messages
    2,710 Likes Received
    Todd Archer

Wade Phillips will always protect his players, even when they don't protect themselves.

Several players, like Keith Brooking, used the word "stupid" to describe their play in Sunday's loss to Tennessee. On Monday, Phillips could not use the word to "stupid" when asked if he thought the players were being stupid.

"I think we made some mistakes, although we had very few mental errors offensively," Phillips said. "Our offense had very few mental errors. And we don't have very many defensively."

And then there's Leonard Davis. After the game Davis said he deserved to be pulled in the first half for how poorly he played.

Read More http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/10/wade-phillips-protects-his-pla.html
  2. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I don't believe in just crushing a player or throwing him to the ravenous media. However, I don't think truth can be allowed to be a victim either. I think a lot of us would feel better if Wade was a little more truthful in his assessment. And maybe what scares some even more is that Wade is being truthful?
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't think you have to "crush a player" however you need to make them aware of accountability.
  4. BLEU3ASY

BLEU3ASY Member

736 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You're right. Wade "coats" it like they didn't do anything wrong. Tenn just beat them..
  5. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I think Colin Cowherd describes Wade best ... he's the parent that lets his kids eat ice cream and cookies for breakfast.
  6. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yep...
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    He also seems like the parent who's kid gets in trouble/bad grades at school and he immediately goes and chews out the teacher. An enabler.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,923 Messages
    3,869 Likes Received
    First of all, Cowherd doesn't say anything best. Cowherd is infantile.
    Secondly, by any report I've ever heard from Wade's players, that's an entirely inaccurate rap.