1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Ware: Redskins forced me to get animated, it 'comes out when people bring it out

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 28, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,707 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    ByJon Machota / Special Contributor
    jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio

5:35 PM on Tue., Sep. 27, 2011 | Permalink
    One way to stop DeMarcus Ware from penetrating off of the edge is to simply tackle him. Redskins left tackle Trent Williams did that with about four minutes to play Monday night. Of course, that is illegal.

Well, not if the referees don't call it, which they didn't in this case.

Ware easily pushed Williams to the side and was within a step of sacking Rex Grossman when the 6-5, 318-pounder dove to the ground and wrapped up Ware's left foot. The third-and-17 play resulted in an incomplete pass from Grossman, but the normally calm Ware was animated after the play, yelling for a flag that he would not receive.

"Sometimes the animation comes out when people bring it out, and you got to show them that you're not going to get ran over or do the things that you want to do to me," Ware said.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/09/demarcus-ware-redskins-forced.html
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He needs to do it more often
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    I'd like to see it too.
  4. Joshmvii

Joshmvii Cowboys baby!

2,658 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I know some people are going to act like Ware meant he wasn't playing with max intensity until he got mad, but I think really he just meant he doesn't normally yell and scream at the OT or the refs, but he felt like Williams was forcing the issue.

Ware plays full throttle every play, he just doesn't feel the need to act like Merriman between plays all the time.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,064 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    I'm not questioning his effort for a second, but I saw him getting held quite a bit and I would have liked to have seen him make an issue of it sooner.
  6. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We play them one more time this year. He's gonna be more than they can handle the second time around.
  7. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,742 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    not if the can hold, grab and tackle him like they did monday nite:banghead:
  8. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    That's the problem right there he never gets those holding calls and you can bet your bottom dollar that Detroit will do the same and I can guarantee there will be no calls.
  9. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Just to think some of these fans felt it was a mistake in 2005 when Dallas drafted Ware, instead of Merriman look how it played out.:D
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,088 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I was so upset with the hold on the Spencer fumble that I actually missed seeing Spencer coming. I had to watch the replay!
  11. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,212 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I honestly cannot recall ever seeing a holding call for DeMarcus. Ever.

Same with a roughing the passer for Romo.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,902 Messages
    2,710 Likes Received
    Not to where he shoves the OT. That can lead to an ejection and that is never to our advantage.
  13. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I remember a few roughings on Romo, but not holds against the guy blocking Ware. Could just be one of those things you never associate to your defensive player but I sure would like to know how many times OL get called for holding Ware.
  14. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,843 Messages
    1,646 Likes Received
    He needs to grab Ogletree by the face mask .. wait .. nevermind :D

#reality
  15. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,107 Messages
    1,383 Likes Received
    A missed hold now and then probably happens to every team, .. but the play towards the end when the guy tackled Ware from behind could have resulted in a season ending injury, ... that needs to be called EVERY time to protect players.
  16. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,392 Messages
    897 Likes Received
    He actually did. On one of the first clear holds against him, by Fred Davis on a running play to his side, he shoved Davis around after the play was done with Davis still holding him. He also said something to another tight end (No. 82) after he was held on another running play (it was the same player who held Hatcher when Hatcher threw his hands up after a running play).

If you're talking about complaining to the officials, Ware could certainly have pleaded his case there.
  17. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,699 Messages
    1,201 Likes Received
    Ware does need to get a little more angry about things a bit more. But I'm not going to complain if he doesn't change. THe guy is amazing and I couldn't ask for more from the guy.

5 sacks already on the young season. He's off to a great start.