1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: DMN: Ware: With another year under Rob Ryan, it will all 'pan out next season'

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,723 Messages
    10,644 Likes Received
    By

Jon Machota / Special Contributor
    jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio
    11:43 AM on Sun., Jan. 29, 2012 | Permalink

During a recent interview on the NFL Network, Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk asked Ware why the Cowboys struggled in 2011 despite being what Faulk called, "one of the most talented teams in the league."

"I don't think you can really wrap it around one thing or one player or somebody's playing not to their potential," Ware said. "You got to look at the whole team, just in general and assess, 'What did we do not as well in that game? How can we improve?'

"And I think there's going to be a big improvement having Rob Ryan for a whole another year, knowing his system, knowing what's really going on. Having Jason Garrett, the leader, that motivational guy for us. I think it's going to all just pan out next season."

Read more: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2012/01/demarcus-ware-with-another-yea.html
  2. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Demarcus is one of my favorite players but I'm so sick of hearing this. The same guys that have said it before are saying it again. Witten is excited about the group of guys who have worked so hard. Romo is just going to get better every day. Garrett is going to put together good days, Jerry Jones sees no problems and likes all the players on the team.... ughhh. It's so old now.

I'm not sure what I need to hear as a fan but I'm sick of this same old song and dance. I think what I'd like to hear from Ware or Romo or somebody is that there are guys on the team that don't take their job seriously and need to be gone. Something I can wrap my hope around and say, good, maybe the problems are identified. But this same old talk from Ware is like "blah blah blah" to me. Nothing is going to change next year unless something dramatically changes with this team. And I don't even think it is one thing. Leadership, accountability, passion, attitude. I think all of these have to change. And a draft and free agency period can't fix those problems.

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Agree. I'd like to hear that we sucked, that it was unacceptable the way we collapsed last year, and that we're going to find a way to get tougher and do better or die trying.

I know I'm not Garrett's biggest fan, but I wonder if sometimes this endless repetition of learning from the tape and getting better is *too* even keeled. Sometimes after a disappointment you need to be disgusted and pissed off.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,903 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    It is what it is.

I expect players to say this, as they say it on every team that doesn't get to where they want to be.

It's the standard line and I have no issue with it. You're just not going to have very many players come out and say we suck.
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,977 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    I agree with the above sentiments. I wish the coaches would give us some indication that they clearly understand where the problems were and have a plan to address them. Not everything can be fixed by "reviewing the tape and getting better". It doesn't help to review the tape if you don't know what the heck your seeing can't be fixed without replacing some people.

On the other hand, I don't expect either players or coaches to throw folks under the bus. I am also encouraged by the changes in coaches with Houck and , especially, Campo gone.

We'll see during free agency and the draft if they really recognize that they need to beef up the middle of the O-line, the defensive front seven and the secondary. If they go after offensive skill position players, we'll know they don't get it. I understand a slot WR, and a developmental QB would be nice, but they aren't as important right now as fixing the defense.
  6. jamesdojr

jamesdojr Member

650 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I wouldn't anticipate any player singling out anyone but I think there are way too many guys who care more about their pay checks than winning championships. All of those players need to be gone, like, yesterday! Those and the players that just can't get it done like they could in the past - Brooking, James, etc... We need to just say "thanks but goodbye".

I agree with you... just let us know you have figured out what some of the big problems are and that there is a plan.

7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,582 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Meh...frauds until proven otherwise. Just not very optimistic based on what we've seen for years
  8. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Active Member

458 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    This thing that we are "
    One of the most talented teams in the league" is a fairy tale spouted by ignorant media types.....I would keep maybe 6 guys from the defense and maybe same number from offense....factor in how dumb we are and the premise of the question is laughable
  9. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,503 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    whatever. who cares. ill believe it when i see it.

saying this crap now 1 week before the super bowl just makes me mad anyway.

im sick of always waiting til next year.
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

16,001 Messages
    2,556 Likes Received
    Not with those same players it wont.
  11. jobberone

jobberone Ginsu Wolverine Minion Staff Member

43,233 Messages
    6,844 Likes Received
    I don't doubt for a minute that these answers come from the top and I agree with it although it sure isn't illuminating for us fans. Thre is no need to air dirty laundry in public.

Again here many seem to think that Jerry, the staff and the players are just stupid. That's just not the case although I certainly don't always agree with what I see.

OTOH, I wouldn't mind seeing a player walk up to the podium and say we stunk it up today and that's just unacceptable in so many ways. And act disgusted. I will agree the party line gets old even if it is inevitable.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we upgrade the defense then it will pan out. We don't need a great defense just a serviceable one.
  13. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,695 Messages
    938 Likes Received
    We are talented at the skill positions and suck arse pretty where everywhere else, especially both lines.
  14. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not everywhere else. We have a great young offensive linemen in Tyron Smith, we have a terrific top 10 corner in Jenkins, a decent fullback in Fiametta, and a solid nose tackle in Ratliff. (Although he needs to be moved to DE IMO)

Add a couple of solid offensive linemen (Nicks & DeCastro would be my preference), a corner (Finnegan or someone in the draft), a defensive end (Campbell, Mathis, or Freeney), and maybe another inside linebacker and we're good to go.
  15. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,603 Messages
    186 Likes Received
    So I guess the majority thinking in this particular thread is that we underachieved in 2011. That's different than a lot of the recent talk I've heard here that suggests we have too many holes to fill in one offseason, that Jerry is a horrible GM because he doesn't know talent etc.

I know Ware's comments aren't exactly inspirational but I also don't think it's reflective of his or any other leaders commitment and drive to get better. But that's just me.
  16. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Mr Ware....the stupid flows through you as well now....stupid has infected this team. :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:
  17. Cowboy_Shawn

Cowboy_Shawn Active Member

595 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    You are exactly right. Rarely do you see a single Cowboy show disgust or frustration with how things are going. I can only think of Ratliff and on rare occasions Romo.

I see a delusional organization from top to bottom. Everybody is singing off the same song sheet, "We're close. We just have to keep getting better. Etc."

Give me some guys who are genuinely disgusted and upset about the team's mediocrity.

The Cowboys should be playing with desperation knowing that their window of opportunity is almost closed. Instead we have a bunch of players, coaches, and owners who are content with winning 7 to 9 games a year.

Then they pacify their failures with the same "We're close. We'll get them next year." comments.
  18. dboy214

dboy214 Benched

3,122 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i teared up reading your post. seriously one of the goat posts i've ever on this site friend.