1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN: Why the Cowboys are sticking with Kevin Ogletree as No. 3 receiver despite...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 2, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    By Barry Horn / Reporter
    bhorn@dallasnews.com
    9:32 pm on November 2, 2012 | Permalink

Through the Cowboys’ 3-4 start, Ogletree has 21 catches for 248 yards and two touchdowns. At the same point last year, Robinson had 27 receptions for 441 yards and four touchdowns. That’s not a huge disparity, but there have been disturbing trends.

After a sterling start in which he caught eight passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns in the season-opening victory over the Giants, Ogletree has caught seven passes in the last four games for 51 yards and no touchdowns.

Now Ogletree may hobble into Sunday night’s game at the Atlanta Falcons with a sore right hamstring problem that kept him out of practice on Wednesday and Thursday, while limiting his participation on Friday. It should be noted that Bryant, who has an aching back, mirrored Ogletree’s practice regimen this week. Both are expected to play inside the Georgia Dome.

“Production for me is wins,” Ogletree said. “I can come out of a game with no catches, knowing the type of guys we have on our team, we can win. We can win if I don’t have any catches. I’ll never complain about opportunities or production. The first game was great. It was great because we won.”

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...no-3-receiver-despite-disturbing-trends.html/
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    That's probably cuz the balls bounced off your hands and/or chest your sorry excuse for a reciever.

You suck, Otree. If anyone needs a pulled hamstring it's YOU.
  3. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Why? Who cares if Beasley or Harris can only play slot? Or Holmes outside? If that's what they're best at, and they won't screw up like Ogletree, why do they have to do all three jobs? It's not an injury question, because those guys have been active on the game day roster.

So frustrating.
  4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,436 Messages
    1,033 Likes Received
    If Otree is the best we got then we suck, or the RHM is trying to fail.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    The entire off season there was thread after thread about the WR3 spot. It seems the concern was warranted. Not a lot the Cowboys can do about it now but it's clear a higher priority needs put there when making an offseason wish list.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    he has been sucking and still is starting.

What kind of message does that give to the rest of the team

This one is a clear failure on Red Ball's part

give one of the others a try. Penalize him for his bad play
  7. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But but but I thought Garrett preached accountability and best man plays?

:rolleyes:
  8. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Yup, no need to re-sign Robinson. :bang2:
  9. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,743 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I'm starting to think I was wrong about Garrett, I was all for his hiring and now...
  10. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Well-Known Member

1,066 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    He is showing to be incredibly stupid about his loyalty to otree.

Who cares if he is the most versatile and can play both inside and out? If he can't be counted on, why does this matter?

As a coach, you call plays that are best suited for your best players to be on the field. You don't go with a more versatile player over a better player just because it allows you to call more plays. You go with the guy that can be trusted and be productive.

You call plays based on who is in the game, not the other way around. Austin has not exactly tore up the slot this year anyway. Put him back on the outside where he belongs. That way you can put harris or beasley in the slot.

This team has a long history now of going with players who continously disappoint. The only way for somebody else to get a shot is by injury. And most of the time the guy replacing the injured player is more productive (austin for roy, murray for felix, church for pool, lee/carter for brooking and james "not exactly injury here, more of sticking with the old guys too long"
  11. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,914 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    ogletree doesn't care about catches and etc because he is a pretty boy. He doesn't want to get hit or even touched. Why are we wasting time with him IDK. I never seen a wr with 4.3 speed like he has look so slow. He seem to be uninterested out there. He likes to be covered like a blanket. He is just here to collect a check. Case closed.
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    So basically the Giants game in week 1 is trumping everything else he's done as a Cowboy. Yep, sounds like the team I know
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This happens way to often in the NFL period it is frustrating to watch sometimes.
  14. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,532 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Yea I don't get why Garrett doesn't give one of the other guys a shot at the slot.:bang2:
  15. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,293 Messages
    584 Likes Received
    OR....the other guys are not putting it together in practice, not showing enough and garret does not want to say that
  16. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,259 Messages
    1,469 Likes Received
    I agree Chocolate. I can't believe I just read that. Our coaches are soooo limited in their thinking. And if this is their philosophy, I just got a little bit more football-depressed.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,994 Messages
    7,736 Likes Received
    KO caught a ball with three minutes left in the 4th v. NYFG. Was it overturned by a penalty? I don't remember it getting erased.