1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN:Writers: Lions will defeat 'boys team that has been 'winning games they shouldn't

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 30, 2011.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,340 Messages
    4,304 Likes Received
    ByJon Machota / Special Contributor
    jonmachota32@yahoo.com | Bio

9:12 PM on Thu., Sep. 29, 2011 | Permalink

The Detroit Lions offense should be the toughest test for the Cowboys defense through the first four weeks.

Highland Park 's Matthew Stafford quarterbacks a group filled with potent weapons, including running back Jahvid Best, receivers Calvin Johnson, Nate Burleson and Titus Young and tight ends Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler.

However, a suspect offensive line looked shaky last week in Minnesota and Rob Ryan's unpredictable pass rushing schemes could give that unit trouble.

Read the rest: http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/09/writers-lions-will-defeat-a-co.html
  2. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    This article irrtitates me.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,812 Messages
    2,080 Likes Received
    It does not bother me, I grew up watching the Tom Landry show and I swear after his show was over you felt we did not stand a chance. Tom always gave high praise to the other team and how tough this was going to be no matter who the Cowboys played.

Chances are that is why no matter who the Cowboys play I tend never to see it as an easy win. Thanks Tom. :laugh2:
  4. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,299 Messages
    289 Likes Received
    I find it amusing that a decimated Cowboys team coming off a disaster of a season last year and playing with a weak, inexperienced, unpedigreed, interior OL are somehow a "benchmark" for the undefeated Lions. Ha! No doubt it's a paradigm shift to see the Lions as a favorite and the Cowboys as rebuilding(offensively), but it is reality.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,519 Messages
    5,248 Likes Received
    Heh. Before clicking, I was sure this was going to link to a Detroit paper or site. Why am I surprised it didn't?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,814 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    So did I.

I guess the Cowboys are supposed to just roll over and die for the big, bad Lions.
  7. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,145 Likes Received
    Games the Cowboys shouldn't have won is the only sentence that irritates me. They had to TAKE the games from the other teams, it's not like the other team fumbled the ball multiple times and blew a big lead.

Honestly, they SHOULD be 3-0.
  8. TonyS

TonyS Well-Known Member

1,405 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    I agree that we should be 3-0 and thought we played much better in the Jets game than the other two. To tell you the truth, the Skins game disappointed and shocked me a little bit. I understand the new O-line is going to go through some learning pains, but it was embarrassing to watch at times.

If we play close to the level we did at the Jets, we have a chance to win any game we play this season. If we play like we did against the Skins, we're in for a long day at the office. Detroit > Jets > SF > Wash >
  9. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    The Cowboys should have won the Jets game. The offense looked good in the jets game.
  10. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,220 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    "Rob Ryan's defense is making strides, but this amateur hour stuff won't work against the juggernaut undefeated Lions"

this is the quote that makes me mad. I mean come on, really. The Lions are a Juggernaut. Who the hell have they played. I mean come on, play a top defense like the Jets, 49ers, and Redskins before you call your self a juggernaut.

The Lions have beat Tampa Bay 1st game of the season. The bucs did not look ready in that game. Then they beat to 0-3 teams and was down be time at half time vs one of them. Their defense isn't great, not even close and their passing game is good but Stafford hasn't never been really hit and Dallas will bring the houe this week.
  11. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,857 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    so the Lions came back from a 20 point defecit against at team that has NOT won a game...but the Cowboys are winning games they shouldn't? I think every opponent we have played has been undefeated when we played them. Just saying!
  12. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Vikings were kicking the crap out of the Lions until they impolded with McNabb (who else) at the helm. So diddn't the Lions just beat someone they shouldn't have?

Sorry, but these one-sided garbage articles are just that - garbage .
  13. canters

canters Active Member

1,784 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Conventional wisdom is the the Lions are much better than Dallas. I have not seen ANY so-called expert that picks us to win. That Detroit win against the Chiefs really made an impression on the experts. Othat than that, the lions had their hands full or struggled against the Bucs and Vikes.

I would not be at all surprised if we won.
  14. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,489 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    I think our media studied their writing techniques in France. They seem more adept at waving the flag of surrender than any other exercise.
  15. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,938 Messages
    741 Likes Received
    lol!

I've always loved this idea that a team won games 'they shouldn't'.

If they shouldn't win them then why even bother playing? That's exactly why you play. Cause no matter how good, or bad, you are you're SUPPOSED to win the game.

That's the point of playing and keeping the score. Geez.
  16. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,814 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    Always hating on the French....:p:
  17. Doomsday101

75,812 Messages
    2,080 Likes Received
    Pretty much

"French history: They turn on their friends and surrender to their enemies!"

Sounds like the Dallas Media alright. :laugh2:
  18. Hostile

118,489 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    Do you know why trees line the Champs de Elysees in Paris? So the Germans could march in the shade.
  19. Doomsday101

75,812 Messages
    2,080 Likes Received
    Why wouldn't the Statue of Liberty work in France? Because she has only one arm raised.

:laugh2:
  20. Hostile

118,489 Messages
    1,738 Likes Received
    What is the first lesson in French Schools?

"Ich ├╝bergebe"

That's "I surrender in German.