1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN's JJT:Injury to keep Hutchinson out of minicamp

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Charles, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,549 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    "Hard Knocks" sunk Hutch with so many people. Great post by the way.
  2. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Isn't way over the top.

Please give us an example of the pure hatred being directed towards Hutch in this thread.

I don't see anyone ridiculing Chad physically or mentally. His play to date speaks for itself. I believe his relationship with Parcells will have more to do with his expected release than anything else.
  3. My Problem Is Obvious

My Problem Is Obvious Benched

156 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hate Hutch, and I'm not afraid to say so.

The dude looked exactly like a horse, and it creeped me out. He also fumbled more than the Michelin Man at the Nerf Family Picnic, which didn't exactly help me to overcome my phobia of his whinneying mug. He was a horse-faced, bumbling, fumbling fool.

Goodbye, Hutch. I hope I never, ever, EVER see you or your equinistial face again.
  4. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,833 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Hutchinson just never seemed to improve, even in Europe. I really expected to see him go over there, get his confidence up, and improve mechanically but it just didn't seem to happen.

I realize he's been the victim of some vicious sacks at times, but let's remember that in 2002 he was playing behind the same line that Carter played behind. Hutchinson was sacked 34 times in nine starts, and Carter was only sacked 21 times in seven starts. Not to mention the difference in fumbles: Carter fumbled five times, Hutchinson fumbled 12 times.

At the time, I was willing to chalk them up as rookie mistakes. It seemed like a guy who had been away from the game and was still adjusting to the differences. But a couple of years later, and the same problems persist.

Fumbles are just as bad as interceptions if they're as chronic a problem as they are with Hutchinson, in my opinion.

Considering they played behind the same line a few years ago and the results were that drastic, I do think it's a problem with Huthcinson and not just a case of a guy being a victim of the talent surrounding him.
  5. Charles

Charles Benched

3,409 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you just made my previous post a moot point. Thanks dude ;)
  6. George

George a legend in your own mind

576 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    You can't compare oranges to apples and that's what everyone seems to do regarding Carter and Hutchinson.
    Carter is mobile but not an accurate passer. Hutchinson is the opposite. If you don't have protection you don't want Hutchinson. If you need mobility you want Carter. I hope Henson is both because I know Carter's accuracy is not going to improve especially considering the fact he's been a QB for 10 years or so and he's still a mediocre passer.

By the way, Hutchinson was improving at NFLE until the last game he played in which I would think he suffered a mild concussion along with a sprained right shoulder.
  7. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,833 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Sacks are sacks. Mike Vick, the most mobile quarterback in the league, was sacked an extraordinarily high amount of times in 2001 in the short stints of playing time he received. He was sacked a fairly high amount of times again in 2002 as the full-time starter.

Being mobile doesn't have all that much to do with the amount of times one is sacked. There are plenty of immobile quarterbacks who avoid sacks because they have quick releases and good pocket awareness.

Look at Peyton Manning. He was sacked only 18 times last year, despite being one of the less mobile quarterbacks in the game. Sacks have little to do with mobility.
  8. BadKarma

BadKarma Active Member

1,067 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "Fumbles are just as bad as interceptions if they're as chronic a problem as they are with Hutchinson, in my opinion." I think fumbles are worse...they usually happen behind the LOS. :eek:

"The dude looked exactly like a horse, and it creeped me out. He also fumbled more than the Michelin Man at the Nerf Family Picnic, which didn't exactly help me to overcome my phobia of his whinneying mug. He was a horse-faced, bumbling, fumbling fool." JJ, you are mean, brother! :D
  9. boss man

boss man New Member

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, we really have to concede FrankenHutch was a NAG!!

Sing along now: A Hutch is a Hutch, of course, of course and no one can talk to a horse of course, unless it's Mr. Chad.

Of course Horsey Hutch fumbled a lot. Try gripping a football with hooves!

Plus it was hard to call signals with a bridle in your mouth.

J Jones nailed it - that butter hooved chump had the face of a horse, was as mobile as a crippled mule, and performed overall like a jackass. Maybe he can get a gig up at Boston during the Democratic Convention.
  10. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,833 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Very true. The one bright side to a fumble rather than an interception, though, is that you do at least have the chance of recovering it.
  11. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You will get banned for political posts boss...

Actually George has a good post...
    Hutch is 10 times the better passer (Vs, Carter)

Carter was choosen last year for his mobility (Per Jerry)

Carter misses wide open receivers...every game...Key will cuss him out after one quarter. he won't last ...Thats why Coslet choose Hutch, he knew he could have made he a fine QB...
    Hutch does need to work on his mechanics...But that can be coached...being an awful passer always isn't going to get carter anywhere...

These goofs that act like Hutch has the patent on fumbling are silly...How quickly they forget Carter fumbling all the time without even being hit! Or passing into not double but triple coverage...

Hutch has done GREAT in NFLE...For what he is playing with....Over 60% pf his passes completed...Carter will never be that good...

How soon till Vinny or Hensen starts?
  12. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,273 Messages
    226 Likes Received

It's a minor league dealing with players who would otherwise probably be out of the NFL loop altogether....it's not far removed from being on a team's practice squad. They are closer to NFL wannabe's than NFL players allocated to Europe.
  13. AtomicDog

AtomicDog Member

298 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Well things don't look too good for Hutch. He may not make the team. Its a dream lost for this young man. He is wealthy by most standards. I just hope he gets another chance. Sometimes these kids don't make it on the first team.
  14. boss man

boss man New Member

62 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hollywood , in what way was my post re Horsey Hutch political??

Unsure how soon Henson or Testaverde starts in DALLAS. First they have to unseat Carter, who is the starter coming off a 10-6 regular season. Let's see how things fare in summer camp.

If they do it - great. I'll support whoever is under center.

I trust Tuna to make the right decision at the QB position.