1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: DMN's JJT:Man in motion: Cowboys to keep Johnson on move

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Charles, Jun 4, 2004.

1. da_boyz_mk

da_boyz_mk How 'Bout Dem Cowboys

2,125 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i'l be doing backflips if he gains 1300 yards.
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,841 Messages
    5,133 Likes Received
    I agree been too long since we have seen a QB\WR combo that has a feel for one another that can produce those types of numbers
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

62,773 Messages
    6,168 Likes Received
    Keyshawn is NOT the playmaker...that is true.

Keyshawn is his own person.....however his ego of thinking he is the best and that he can not be contained...IS like irvin.
  4. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Ha! I read that article at least five times, drooling over it more and more each time.

I was amazed last year to see so many claim Glenn was an "ideal" slot receiver. Spags said that too, not just fans. Some of it I suspect was wanting to get AB on the field, and Terry off it, some a feeling Glenn's quickness and size make him a slot receiver, some that he can't muscle a defender off the LOS ..and who knows what else rationales.

All I know is Glenn running eight yard curls and short slants is the stuff of which
    nightmares are made. And the chief reason being how his SPEED is wasted,not just the perceived lack of "balls". I felt he should have been running JOEY'S plays last year, as that was in stock in trade since college. Hats off to him for diversifying his game last year, but he sure didn't elevate it by doing so, OR contribute to the team as much as he could and should have.

But hey, it took a year for Tuna to rectify the problem. Can't think of a better solution than Keyshawn Johnson.

In Bill we trust. And I look forward to seeing the REAL Terry Glenn this year.
  5. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,868 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Let's hope so. I wish we had drafted a receiver, but maybe TG and Key can prove my fears pointless.
  6. Skeptic

Skeptic New Member

851 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not saying he is or will be.

Just saying that his attitude and swagger are back in Dallas.
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Sounds to me as though Johnson is going more of a Shannon Sharpe pass catching TE than a true WR.
  8. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

54,271 Messages
    7,133 Likes Received
    Let's see that figures out to a little over 81 yards per game. Yep he can do that!
  9. jay cee

jay cee Active Member

2,900 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I like Johnson in the slot also. Even when the Oilers had the run & shoot, I wondered why they never put the bigger stronger receivers in the slot.