1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do I have to accept mediocrity to be a real fan?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by DavidAK, Dec 31, 2012.

1. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,651 Messages
    858 Likes Received
    Well said.
  2. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

795 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I get it, it's been a frustrating couple of decades and Sunday just added to the frustration. It's like Groundhog Day, it doesn't matter what changes the results are still basically the same, season after season.

I don't want to wake up one day and be like some poor Cleveland Browns fan and have to look back 50 years to when were Champions and had our glory days and the few other fans that can remember witnessing it are slowly dying off.

As a fan, I just try to cling to hope that the next season will get us closer to our goal and won't be another Groundhog Day.
  3. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,255 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    Yes, every fan of every team has to except mediocrity until their team get thru that phase no matter how long it takes. Now if you have some kind of say in the running of the team then you can try to push the team past the mediocrity stage
  4. BanditHiro

BanditHiro Well-Known Member

2,400 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    All Anti-Romo People usually have horrible football takes

lol Alex Smith
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,024 Messages
    768 Likes Received
    All the anti Cowboy people on this board embrace stupidity.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,115 Messages
    472 Likes Received
    Excellent post...
  7. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,552 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    oh yeah?
  8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,872 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    Yes, so shut up and then go make a post about how we're going to win the Super Bowl next year
  9. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,271 Messages
    1,295 Likes Received
    I feel the same about you in here.

We both lose
  10. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    No fan should. I sure as hell don't accept it. As a true Cowboy fan though, you keep rooting for the Star no matter what and hope that things will be different..
  11. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    We won't be mediocre with a QB change. We will be flat out bad with a QB change. We need to keep on this path of getting younger. I loved how we've had a tonal change in this rebuild from the ones JJ tried in the early 00s and late 90s. He basically tried to replace guys with other semi big name guys that were over the hill. It didn't work out. We fell way behind in talent and couldn't ever recover. We don't need a dynamic force. We still have areas to build on. Getting linemen to fix those issues. Adding to the DB depth and LB depth although hopefully we don't have the number of injuries we had this year so we won't need them. There are areas to like on this roster. We need to see a change in how or offense is ran overall. We can't have our defense on the field all the time.
  12. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Gotta admit, it'd be pretty entertaining watching a rookie qb run around trying to survive a season behind this offensive line, while we go 2-14, 3-13............
  13. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

771 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    There isn't a franchise QB in the draft this year anyway. I'd be for trading Romo because I'm sick of it but only if we were getting great value. otherwise, I'd look to 2014 and draft a QB then.
  14. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    In my opinion, the only team that desperately needs a good QB & thinks they can win now with help from the QB position would be the New York Jets.. I believe they are the only team in the NFL that would trade a 1st for a QB.. With all that being said, I am still hanging on the edge of my seat by a thread on the Romo Circus show bus..
  15. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Strongest post of the day imo. There's nothing to get at. You nailed it.
  16. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    Ewww. From one extreme to the other. Perhaps I should stop reading now and save my eyes.
  17. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,814 Messages
    1,087 Likes Received
    I love how you tell it like it is (even if they don't want to hear it). The truth is so painful... until you rub some saave on it and move on.