1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

do not overpay Spencer

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by mmillman, Feb 24, 2012.

1. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Scenario 1 pay Carr and Nicks and draft the OLB. (Still think Butler is better than most think)

Scenario 2 pay Williams and Carr and draft Decastro.

Dallas then can wait and pick up a veteran safety.

My point it that money spent on an average lb is wasted when you can pay an elite cb or guard about the same. Or take that money and pay it toward Mario and have him come off the edge opposite Ware.
  2. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....but it won't happen: Jerrah ALWAYS overpays 'his' guys: Roy Williams, Free, Scandrick, etc.....that's why he sucks as a GM and this team is doomed until he dies or has an epiphany and steps aside
  3. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If only Jerry was a smart GM like Danny Snyder who lets his guys walk and then overpays for the biggest Free Agent name on the market. Then we would be as successful as the bottom-dweller Redskins!

We could let Ryan Clark walk to make Adam Archuleta the highest paid safety in league history!
    We could let Antonio Pierce walk and then overpay for Andre Carter!
    Etc., etc!

The Redskins model of bringing in new toys every off-season is such a successful one!
  4. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,143 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    Really is depressing how this team is being run.
  5. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,432 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I think Dallas will pay Nicks and sign a decent CB in free agency like Tracy Porter. If we can work out a decent contract for Spencer, then I think the Cowboys will do it. If not, I don't think the Cowboys have a problem with addressing OG and CB in free agency, and then selecting Courtney Upshaw at #14.
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Oh he WILL be rewarded with a monster contract...they love him. All his agent needs to do is show the replays of that blocked FG and Jerry will go crazy
  7. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If they overpay then we're doomed. He should be cut much less resigned to a big contract. It's decisions like this that has gotten us to where we are. It can't continue.