1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do something a little extra.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ndanger, Jun 14, 2008.

1. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I have been watching the tribute on NBC news on the death of Tim Russert, the NBC news director and bureau chief. He is one of the reasons that I have become more involved in politics as I have gotten older.Mostly from watching Meet the press on Sundays while waiting for football.
    He was also the auther of a book titled Big Russ and Me. Abook about his relationship with his father.It's a great book for those who have not read it.
    After reading about the untimely death of the electrician at the new stadium, I just wanted to ask my fellow Cowboy bretheren to do just a little extra this year for fathers day. Whether it's with your dad or your kids.We live in such a fast paced world and can easily forget about the things that matter the most. I know we all love football or else we wouldn't be here. Football will be around forever but our loved ones will someday not be around.I am sure the Russert family never dreamed that they would not be celebtating fathers day with the man they loved so much, the electricians family and Maj.. Hagerty's family probably never imagined it as well. It's a lesson we should all learn from.Tomorrow I plan to spend a little extra time with my kids, and more importantly with my dad. I implore all of us to do the same. In fact I'm gonna give him a call right now to tell him just how much I love him.

P.s. Please excuse my grammar, I am nursing my dog who has a broken foot, He weighs 130 lbs. It's hard to keep him off his feet,concentrate and type.
  2. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Jeebus if I had known this was gonna get thrown in the politics zone I would have left the word politics out of it. Seems kinda stupid considering the context of the post.But thanks for setting me straight where I am in the pecking order of posters.