1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do You Agree With Drew About WR's?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,498 Messages
    2,376 Likes Received
    Yep.
    if Dez continues his career like the second half of this season, look out.

Mike Wallace is the only guy i can think of that has outprodiced Dez in his 1st three season, but was drafted (much) later.

You can add Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald to your list, but they too were drafted earlier than Dez.
    I was going to say Victor Cruz could be an example of someone taken alter (or udfa), but I guess he missed his 1st year due to injury.
    Dwayne Bowe maybe, but not quite.
  2. lqmac1

lqmac1 Well-Known Member

1,299 Messages
    444 Likes Received
    Alot of people changed their minds not just Drew. In the early part of the year people were saying he needs to be traded and so forth and so on!
  3. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,731 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Could they trade Miles for Laurent? Both have big salaries and appear to get hurt, they can both take pay cuts on the other team and I believe we' 'll get more from Robinson than from Austin.
  4. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Would more than happily send Kyle Orton, Miles Austin, Kevin Ogletree, Felix Jones, and a 2nd round pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald?

ok ok...sorry for going Madden there :)
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,492 Messages
    1,134 Likes Received
    Fair enough.

I think we can be overly critical as fans. Having said that, if we're truly Cowboys fans, we should be glad to be proven wrong especially if a player turns the corner and helps the Cowboys win. :)
  6. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Much worse if he did what fans on these forums do and hold onto an agenda as if to make themselves right.

If you are proven wrong, you man up and admit and move on.
    Everyone is wrong when it comes to football opinions.
    No problem at all with anyone being wrong provided they admit it.
  7. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Neither team would make that move.

Far better for both to simply cut the guys. That is why there are so few NFL trades. Contracts are made to be broken via release or restructure.

Which is why all that matters is guaranteed money.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    Dez has put up numbers consistent with other young WRs that developed into Pro Bowlers.

His 3rd season was better than Megatron's 3rd season.

Dez has been a lead WR for about 8 games now. His numbers will only grow.
  9. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,250 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    that is being generous.A 3rd WR has to be the starter if the one of the top two go down and i dont think Harris i that guy.He is a good depth guy and a really good punt returner.
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,496 Likes Received
    there is little reason to believe dwayne harris has maxed out.

he clearly is dangerous with the ball in his hands and has the build to take hits from DBs.

he isn't some blue chip type but he looks very good with the ball in his hands and has shown he can actually catch the ball.

he is a young player that deserves every chance to prove himself. he has shown himself a plus returner after being a default option we regrettably went to. i wouldn't make the same mistake at WR after suffering thru a year with KO as the 3rd option and Harris stuck to the bench.
  11. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I'm done with Miles Austin... I'm no longer defending him either. It's a wrap for him as far as I'm concerned.