1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you guys root for the Cowboys exclusively

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 24, 2012.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,567 Messages
    5,490 Likes Received
    You are kidding..............right?
  2. CxC1993

CxC1993 Member

285 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Nope. The Cowboys are the only team for me. :starspin
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,874 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    Cowboys are it!

Then the Dolphins, but not passionately. Primarily becasue as a kid I would visit Miami every year to see my grandparents and was so devastated when the SKins beat the Boys to go to the Super Bowl in 72. I adopted the Fins becasue of such a hatred for the Skins.
  4. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    Is there some sort of creed in play here...
    Monotheism...thou shalt have only one God?

...and only one Team under Heaven

:lmao2:

I have a variety of other players and teams I pull for, e.g.
    -Andrew Luck and thus the Colts
    -Denver (I lived there for 5 years)
  5. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    That's different.. I understood the Op to be wondering who amongst us has a second team that they regularly root for other than the Boys. I'm sure we all root for one team against another for the sake of fantasy stats or improvement of positioning in the standing for the Boys. My comment was geared towards those that consider the Cowboys favorite #1 and some other NFL team favorite #2. I consider than to be LAME...
  6. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

844 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Cowboys only and whoever is playing the division rivals and whoever is playing the Steelers. But when the Cowboys season ends,so does my NFL football watching.

I however have two college teams I rigidly support

TCU and Texas.
  7. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    I love watching football in general but only attentively watch the Boys. Today for instance, the guys asked if we were all going to still meet at the spot. I was all in. Two Cowboys fans, a Steelers fan, and a Jags fan. I took much pleasure in seeing my Steelers fan friend squirm as they went down to the brownies and rooted for my other buddy who is always down on his Jags. It was good seeing him sarcastically celebrate a win today.
  8. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Yeah man. This is definately not the case. If Dallas was 0-15 and losing by 50 at the half Ill still be watching. I suppose I didnt word it the way I meant it. Any game I watch Id say there is one team that I hope wins. If there is no Cowboy implications I just choose one for whatever reason. For example today, though I like the Broncos I hoped the Chiefs would win because Jamal Charles is from my hometown. Thus, until this year I wouldve perferred Pittsburgh to win if the Cowboys are not involved and this was just for how inspiring Ward has been with his charity work, time he speends helping underprivledged children and such.
    I find it hard to believe that if the Cowboys miss the playoffs that they will not be cheering for some other team. However, fitting with the pattern of this board most everyone has something smart or condescending to say in hope of sounding like a tough guy. I just assume its some way of coping with failures in their personal life and that talking tough if person is just way too dangerous.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Cowboys fan only...

I know ppl who have secondary teams, fav AFC/NFC teams, etc.

I can't imagine getting emotionally invested with a second team on the same level that I'm invested into the Cowboys..
  10. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    There is no way I could handle the dispear of having so much emotionally invested in two teams.
  11. The Dallas1575

The Dallas1575 Member

80 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I don't root for a team!! The team roots for me!!
  12. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,850 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    If that last comment was directed at me, rest assured that the Internet tough guy act is not my MO. If I offended anyone with my "opinion" please accept my sincerest apologies. #Cowboysalldayeveryday
  13. since75

since75 Member

33 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Same here, I have a friend that claims Houston as his other team. I ask, how the heck is that possible. You can't give it "all" to two teams.

The other day my son and I sat in our seats amazed that our section was half full nearing the end of the 3rd. Guess they had to leave to watch their other team.
  14. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    No it wasnt. Im sorry if it came across that way.
    Initally when joining this forum I was a bit taken back by all the insulting that goes on within the ranks of Cowboy fans. Coming from a general sports forum where I had posted for years I was very excited when recommended this place by other Boys fans. I can say that the trash talking that goes on at the other board among Eagle/Cowboys/Giants is vulgar and often too much but never among fellow Cowboys fans.
    This place does offer great Cowboy info and tons of history about the team. I just need to learn how to do the insulting in a subtle manner to avoid trouble.

lol My brother is a die hard Texan fan. Odd, but we acutally live much closer to Houston and the Texans started up right as he gained interest in the sport. It would be very hard for me to show them any love due to all the trash talking he does about how great they are. I had to delete facebook because of the constant BS streaming about those damn Texans.
  15. Switz

Switz Member

806 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    **** 31 NFL teams and the 1 who isn't on the **** list is dallas at my house
  16. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  17. since75

since75 Member

33 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Me too !
  18. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Cowboys only, but I like watching Brady and the Patriots at work, they are great to watch when everything is clicking.

19. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    lol He is one player that I detest. When he and Eli played in the SB (both times) i was just disgusted.
  20. Aussie Cowboy

Aussie Cowboy Member

96 Messages
    6 Likes Received