1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you guys root for the Cowboys exclusively

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 24, 2012.

1. since75

since75 Member

33 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Thinking a little more about this

The only way I give a free pass to someone with two teams would be a Houston area fan that claims the Texans and the Titans
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    Subtle or not, the staff MUCH prefers guys NOT insult each other when talking Cowboys.

It can be done if one simply makes an effort. ;) :)

We appreciate any effort in trying to go with the vibe, personal insults and whatnot is not what we want and we are cracking down on such things much harder. So if you feel insulted by anyone, please report the post and the staff will see it and take care of it.
  3. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I can see where that comes from being near Houston but It seems enough time has passed for them to latch on to one or the other. Would the Ravens/Browns situation be about the same.
  4. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,469 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    I've been rooting for Payton Manning since he was dumped by the Colts and went to Denver, but I would love to beat him in the Super Bowl.
  5. ilovejerry

ilovejerry Active Member

3,337 Messages
    24 Likes Received

Does not make sense if your a Cowboy fan
    cant find the simile with the guys hand in his head just shaking but If i did I would post it
  6. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

757 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I love Giants and Cowboys are my second favorite :D :D
  7. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I pointed out why I liked them if the Cowboys were not around. SB X and XIII are before my time.
  8. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,469 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    I'm kind of the same, in a way. I like watching the Giants lose almost as much as the Cowboys winning. :)
  9. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,336 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    I'm a fan of all 32 teams, with a financial interest in the Cowboys.
  10. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,147 Messages
    515 Likes Received
    I know some fans that watch football the way that I watch baseball. I like to watch baseball but i dont love the sport, so i usually watch the home team play and then i watch highlights to get a vibe for the rest of the league, i usually wont sit through a baseball game if its not my favorite team playing - unless it happened to be a game that somone like randy johnson was the pitcher because he was just so great to watch.

But i do really enjoy watching football so much that i like to watch a lot of games. I can get excited to see an underdog team beat a favorite and i can cheer on different teams from week to week depending on the matchups. I have rooted pretty hard for the ravens to upset the patriots on more than one occassion when the patriots were the darlings of the NFL and i was really hoping the 49ers would beat the giants in that playoff game last year and that was kind of a bummer when they didnt. But i'm not emotionally invested in these teams so i can watch the games a lot more objectively and without any angst over the outcome. And i wouldnt go out the next day and squak about a win either because i know that i am not a "fan" of that team in the sense that i would call them "my team".

But football is the type of sport that if i'm going to sit and watch the game I cant help but end up siding with one of the teams and cheering and getting a little fired up in the process. However the next day its forgotton except for the memory of "wow, that was a great game last night".

But i realize that there may be a lot of fans who watch football the way i watch baseball. And they would not bother to watch the ravens play the patriots on monday night football because they just dont need to watch that much football - 3 hours a week is enough for them.
  11. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,848 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Is that you Jerry?

I am a fan of the Cowboys and whoever is playing the giants. :giants:
  12. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Yup I'm strictly a cowboys fan but I love watching certain players like Peyton Manning play, Tom Brady is pretty fun to watch also.
  13. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I agree with Manning but something about Brady makes me hate him.
    Could be all that money
    Could be that all the ladies love him
    Could be all those Super Bowls
    Could be his rich supermodel wife
    Whatever it is, its not jealousy
  14. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

757 Messages
    165 Likes Received
    I like Peyton Manning a lot. He is just a classy guy. Him being Eli's brother also makes it easy for me to like him.

But I also like Brady. Us beating his team twice in the Superbowl probably makes it easier as well. The reasons you state are why I like Brady. He has almost everything a man can dream of. An excellent career, good looks, lots of money, a supermodel wife and much more. Yet the guy is a class act.
  15. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I dont even really watch any other teams. Only occasionally. Let alone root for them.
  16. Tenkamenin

Tenkamenin Well-Known Member

1,146 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Its always fun to watch players who've mastered their position. Its really amazing to see Peyton go to Denver and transform their offense into an solid unit. Before Peyton came to Denver Demarius Thomas wasn't used to running routes with precision, Peyton has assisted him in becoming a complete player. I kind of wished Dez had that type of leadership...

Until this season, I didn't realize Peyton was so vocal on the sidelines, he's huddling his unit and giving them a pep talk. Peyton's like a player coach which is just fun to watch.

On the other hand I admire Brady's poise, he makes the game look so easy.
  17. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,370 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    Not exclusively...I root for the Cowboys and any team playing the Skins, Giants, or Eagles. :D
  18. TTexasTT

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Oh indeed. Peyton IMO the greatest ever. He can make a run of the mill reciever look like a all pro. Now Thomas and Decker look like a lethal tandom over in Denver. Look at the absurd numbers Harrison, Wayne, and Clark put up while playing with Manning. Amazing.
    Yeah, its just the hater in me. lol
  19. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,375 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Cowboys are my second team.
    First and foremost, by a long way, I'm a Celtic fan. In terms of American sport then Dallas is my only team though I have a bit of a soft spot for Detroit and Cleveland and my girlfriend is a Spurs fan in basketball so I'd rather they won than didn't (because of the name I quite like Boston).
    If Dallas were ever playing at the same time as Celtic, unlikely due to time differences, then I would miss the Cowboys game with no hesitation.
  20. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,026 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    Cowboys only so when the cowboys suck like the do now i find it hard to even watch football