1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you guys root for the Cowboys exclusively

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TTexasTT, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Pow! Pow!

8,855 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    I don't have a secondary team, but if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, I'll usually pick a playoff team I'd prefer to see win it all over the other choices.

This year, it'll probably be the Broncos. I'd like to see Peyton win another.
  2. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

851 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Used to be Cowboy fan exclusively but these days I have been watching the Texans play more & more... They remind me of the 90's Cowboys both in style, function & success. It's nice to watch a real pro team again instead of the Cowboy "Keystone Cops".
  3. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

857 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    I used to root for them exclusively. Now, I am embarrassed when I tell people who my team is. I also follow the Ravens at what used to be a very distant second, but that gap is closing.
  4. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I like certain teams more than others but wouldn't say I root for them.

I used to be able to say that about the Texans, but Texans fans - basically Aggie fans for the pros - turned me against that one pretty quickly.

I like the Colts and Broncos more than most teams over there in the AFC, and when they're not playing us, I have a little bit of an affinity for the Bears and Rams as well. I don't have an explanation for any of this, although it's fair to say that I'll root for most midwestern teams over the coasts.

Pretty idle level of interest in any case, fairly similar to my preference for Contadina tomato paste over Hunt's.
  5. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,521 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Cowboys or nothing.

I live in Green Bay, so sometimes a have to fake root for the Packers, but in reality, I hope they lose every game.;)
  6. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,244 Messages
    567 Likes Received
    After the Cowboys, I'm a Tebow fan. So I rooted for the Broncos last year. If Tebow were playing for the Jets, I would likely be rooting for them.
  7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,908 Messages
    643 Likes Received
    I root exclusively for the Cowboys.

When I was a kid in the 70s and afterward I had an AFC rooting interest in the Oilers are a secondary team. Once I lived in Houston in the 90s and beyond I couldn't root for the Texans because the fans in the Houston area spewed so much Cowboy hate that it became unbearable. I should like them because of their players but couldn't do it. So now its just Cowboys.
  8. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,726 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    In the past, when the Cowboys were completely out of it, I would pick a random team to follow...but it really doesn't work. It's just not the same unless they are wearing the star.
  9. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I root for the Star but i like to check on those boys in Seattle from time to time, i like the way they play defense up there.
  10. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,521 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    What? by using PED's?
  11. RW Hitman

RW Hitman Well-Known Member

2,540 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    this about sums it up for me, living here in Pa amongst thousands of Steeler fans makes watching the Steelers lose that much sweeter.

other than that I am pretty much Cowboy fan only, if Cowboys are not in playoffs I won't watch football and if I were to root for someone throughout the playoffs, it will be a team in the AFC.
  12. intelmax

intelmax New Member

89 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol if aderall makes you a pro bowl corner back then sign me up xD
  13. Joe71

Joe71 Member

284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys for life ! :starspin
  14. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Cowboys are my team. I do also cheer for the Raiders though. Dorsett made me fall in love with the Boys. Lester Hayes made me like the Raiders. When they play each other I always cheer for the Cowboys to stomp the living **** out of them. Then the next day i like the Raiders again.

/Much has to do that I have ties with Plunkett
  15. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,958 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    I only have one wife.

I only have one team.

I am bound to both and don't cheat on either.
  16. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    560 Likes Received
    Cowboys only.

But if they're not playing its whoever is playing against

Giants
    Eagles
    Redskins
    Steelers
    Broncos
    Niners
    Lions (because of Schwartz)
  17. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

1,950 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Man, I have the ugliest concubine in the world with the Raiders. Slaptastic ugly.
  18. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL if you think there aren't players on the Cowboys using PEDs.
  19. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    It wouldnt suprise me one bit, but what makes you feel so strongly that there are PED users on the team?
  20. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,958 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    I certainly can't see any evidence anyone on this team uses PEDs. And if they do, they should demand their money back.