Do you guys think Garrett needs to get more aggressive with the officials?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Zordon, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,549 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    Totally disagree!

First he has spent his entire life around the NFL, Dad was a scout, he played at the NFL level and has been coaching since he retired playing. I think he gets "it"

Second, this team has not been flat either game this year. They play hard and they play with emotion.

Third, if the coach has to be all fiery to get the team mentally ready to play, you have the wrong players. Landry was about as stoic as they come, but if i recall right, he did ok.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,611 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    Well, a couple things.

Landry coached a long time ago, and I dont think the game or the players are really the same.

And I thnk you can play hard, but not play with emotion. That's what Dallas has done constantly since JG showed up.
  3. Cowboy4ever

Cowboy4ever Well-Known Member

2,549 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    We will have to agree to disagree :)
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

7,295 Messages
    2,283 Likes Received
    I don't think that he has the gravitas / clout to influence the officials the way a Bellichick or Tomlin does, plus Jerry was stupidly outspoken in his support of the replacement refs, which I don't think helps.
  5. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    823 Likes Received
    I think he picks his battles. And I think the o line is getting a little attitude.
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

17,611 Messages
    2,697 Likes Received
    No, I absolutely refuse to take the responsible action here, and am willing to argue for hours on nothing but emotion
    dstovall5, Cowboy4ever and Carharris2 like this.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

31,673 Messages
    31,503 Likes Received
    I think Garrett might just be focused on relevant things and not some fantasy where the league's officials are out to get him.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,379 Likes Received
    relevent would be forcing the officials to do their job and call holding when Ware is being tackled.
  9. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

8,198 Messages
    1,655 Likes Received
    How can you be sure based off of the one angle they showed on TV? Bad thing about not being a big game for the network is fewer camera angles.
  10. Risen Star

31,673 Messages
    31,503 Likes Received
    I don't think Jason Garrett is down with the refs hate us nonsense.

At least I would hope not with his education.
  11. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

12,446 Messages
    9,589 Likes Received
    It's not a conspiracy. Working the refs is a part of all sports. To barely say a peep to the refs when Ware is constantly getting held is ridiculous.
  12. Risen Star

31,673 Messages
    31,503 Likes Received
    There's a long laundry list of coaches like that. To me it's a non issue. All teams get bad calls or non calls against them. He's got more important things to worry about. Things he can actually have some control over.

Fans of all teams claim ref bias. It's weak.
  13. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

7,295 Messages
    2,283 Likes Received
    2 really bad PI calls changed the game, neither were forcibly challenged by our coach, wouldn't have changed the ruling at the time, who knows if it would make a difference in future calls if he had.
  14. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

22,153 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Dunno about Garrett, but Ware sure does. I've never seen a better player break up so many confrontations in my life. Everytime there is a fight between Cowboy players and the opponent, if Ware is within range, he's breaking it up and giving the other guys daps and smiling like he's trying to foster peace between Palestine and Israel.
  15. nalam

nalam The realist

2,203 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    This is a good observation, football is passion based , momentum based and impose their will type sport. It's not chess.