1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do You Guys Think is milking the hamstring?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dargonking999, Aug 8, 2006.

1. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,745 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    That TO is milking this hamstring issue, so he can makes his Cowboy debut on National TV in week 2?
  2. cowboyblue31

cowboyblue31 Member

368 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    no, I love the Dallas Cowboys as much as everyone else, but i am so sick of hearing about T.O.!!!
  3. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  4. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I was thinking that. I was also thinking that BP and Jerruh know what they have, and don't want to show it too early. The guy is in great shape, and knows the game. How we use him is the key, and that is something you don't want to be public knowledge.

I think the hammy is gamesmanship more than anything. It just seems to be the kind of thing a old coach would do.

Then again, maybe he is a lazy slacker that just doesn't like camp.
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,421 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    Nope. I think they don't want a sore hammy to turn into a strained hammy.
  6. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Blasphemy, that is far too logical to possibly be true
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I really don't think that is the case.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,639 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    He may be milking it a bit. Remember, he hasn't played football since October and while I'm sure Andy Reid's training camps are tough, I really believe that Parcells' are some of the most brutal. He's a veteran and one of the top 5 WR's in the league and probably doesn't figure he needs to chance anything.

I personally don't like it, but it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he's milking it. But, I'd be surprised if he's going to wait for week 2. Especially since the first nationally televised Cowboys game is week 1 against Jacksonville.

Rich....
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Cowboys will be on MNF for the 2nd pre-season game so that will be the 1st national TV exposer
  10. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,802 Messages
    2,888 Likes Received

YES!!!

My inside sources say that this is indeed the case.

They have also said that Terry Glenn got blisters on his feet because he is shower shy and does not want to shower with the others guys, so now he can use a personal bath.

They have also said that Spears hurt his knee because he was tired of walking to the fence to sign autographs.

Now the most shocking thing they told me was that Rocky B hurt his thumb while hitch hiking at night. Apparently someone was trying to car jack Keith Davis as Keith was pulling over to pick up Rocky.

Keith pealed out as Rocky was grabbing the door handle resulting in him getting a compound fracture in his thumb.

So yes...TO is just milking it so he can make his debut in the second game.
  11. MisterPinstripe

MisterPinstripe New Member

14 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Be sad if he was. The thought has crossed my mind, but even if he is milking it, there is no way I can see him missing a regular season game.
  12. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    All the printed information on him has preached for years that Owens practices hard and diligently. He doesn't dog it. So I don't think he is malingering. He wants to avoid complications by making sure the hurt spot is well before committing it to more stress, I believe..
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,583 Messages
    3,837 Likes Received
    I agree.

That is probably what enraged Owens so much about the Hugh Douglas incident. You can call him a classless, attention-craving loudmouth and he might even agree and smile at you. But I do believe he has integrity and work ethic and doesn't like it questioned.
  14. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,745 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Still what better way to make your coming out party then on National TV
  15. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received

no, i think everyone tries to make every little thing some HUGE story with the player.

it's nothing.

he'll be fine. and there is no underlying angle.
  16. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,690 Messages
    1,136 Likes Received
    If anything, i would say that this injury is being underplayed. Seeing as how hes missed so much time with something that is "sore," i think it might be worse and the organization is trying to downplay it.
  17. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,745 Messages
    107 Likes Received

but its a consipircy theroy it just has to be true, come on people jeez
  18. RiggoForever

RiggoForever Benched

875 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could be. Elite athletes sometimes think they know how best to maintain and get their body ready for the season, and go against the grain when it comes to anything regimented as much as they can get away with.

I think he'll be fine for the regular season...he's not going to sit out the first game against Jacksonville unless he's truly injured. It would hurt his stats.
  19. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :bang2:
  20. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Owens has outworked almost everyone on every team he has ever been on. He has never been accused of being a slacker. I doubt he would slack off of practice... He knows that without practicing his timing with Bledsoe, he will not be productive. He is just hurt. No one pushes a hamstring injury.