1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you have another team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dupree89, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    I think we can pretty much all agree that this season has been a roller coaster. I know some on here have a good perspective on things and never let a football team get them too high or too low. But some of us don't have that kind of self control. o_O

Anyway...do you have another team, in any sport, that had a great season (MLB) or maybe is off to a fast start this year (NBA/ NHL) that helps you through this Cowboys' season?

I do not. I am a lifer fan of the Expos/ Nationals. And the Nats were probably the biggest underachieving team in baseball. And my Brooklyn Nets are off to a 2-4 start.

So do you have any other rooting interests that ease the pain?
  2. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Been a mavericks fan since the 80's, many low points until recent years. Ditto for TCU football which is also easier these days :)
    dupree89 likes this.
  3. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Devils and Mets, Mets, no, Devils, little early to tell but looks like they'll be fairing better than the Cowboys
    dupree89 likes this.
  4. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received

good job mentioning college football! I shoulda used that as another example.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,247 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
    New York Rangers and Cuse hoops.

After that, I'm a casual fan of the Atlanta Braves and I follow the Rochester pro lacrosse teams.
  6. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received

Syracuse....and Rochester... You must be just up the Thruway from me. I am between Utica and Albany.
  7. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    Baseball is over, so no. I've been thinking about trying to get into hockey.

I used to follow NASCAR but just sort of stopped caring about it since the same people keep winning every year. I wish I could get into basketball but just can't.
    JBond and dupree89 like this.
  8. cannonball44

cannonball44 Stephen Peterman's Campaign Manager

567 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Spurs...... its so strange to be a fan of one of the smartest, most efficient, consistent franchises in all of sports, and a cowboys fan at the same time. Leaves me boggled sometimes how Jerry can fail so effortlessly given 4 times the resources that Peter Holt has.
    Corso likes this.
  9. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Toronto Maple Leafs
  10. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,943 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Stars and Mavs
  11. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    Not in the NFL....if Cowboys aren't on I rarely watch other teams unless its playoffs.
  12. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    yes, as a fan, you have had quite a run with the Spurs...ever since they tanked the season for you know who. :)

Spurs = great organization.
  13. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    544 Likes Received
    I get the same thing as a Cardinals baseball fan - they're in contention every year. Makes me wish I were a Pats, Saints, or Packers fan.
  14. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,161 Messages
    322 Likes Received
    In other sports its the Lakers or Yankees....in boxing Mayweather or GSP in ultimate fighting.
  15. da_whiz_kid

da_whiz_kid Active Member

866 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Fresno State Bulldogs!
  16. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    they sure are. What a great organization.
    Wheeltax likes this.
  17. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Dodgers, Lakers, Kings, USC
  18. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    dude, it cant be fun right now for you. Yanks dont get in playoffs and lakers without Kobe.
  19. dupree89

1,975 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received

Okay...the dodgers had a great run and totally turned their season around...So at least for you, after the Saints game...you can at least sit back and remember the dodgers season and Puig's arrival.
  20. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,208 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    NO! I only read the "other" parts of the sports section to pass time. I watch other sports events on TV just to pass time. The Dallas Cowboys IS my team. I shall have no other! Please note, I am being totally serious.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.