1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you have another team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dupree89, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainCreed

CaptainCreed Active Member

380 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    As a former Tarheel, Parker looks scary good. Just hoping PJ Hairston can stop trying to be Jeff Gordon on the highway and find a way to get on the basketball court this season...
  2. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Thats great!
  3. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,153 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    I like the Packers & the Falcons. Not over the Cowboys but I like them.
  4. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

750 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    Same here, life-long Spurs fan and it really is funny just how different each team is organized and run. The Spurs preach organizational intelligence and is used as the "blueprint" by many teams as how a team and organization should be run. The Spurs have even helped mentor other organizations in how to structure and run a business. On the other hand, we have Jerry Jones that insists on total control and finds the importance of moral victories.

The Spurs are off to a good start, but I'm still in mourning after last season. A piece of me died after Game 6 of the Finals, I have never taken a loss as hard as that one. Ever. It's still a little difficult to think about... :(
    Corso likes this.
  5. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,937 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    Yes, my alma mater, the University fo Texas at El Paso MINERS!!

But another NFL team? No. There are players I like from other teams, but there is not a single team in the NFL other than Dallas that I'd support.
    Corso likes this.
  6. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

1,865 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Tanking is so much more efficient in the NBA than the NFL with so many players.

It's true.

Just had to throw a like to a UTEP Miner.

Go Miners!

And Go Spurs Go!
  7. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,119 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Hey, you asked a question, I gave you an honest answer.
  8. dupree89

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Funny I brought this topic up. As I type this, my Brooklyn Nets are down 23 to the Sacramento Kings.
  9. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

892 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    It blows my mind that Patrick Roy is the head coach now. I miss hearing, "And a save by Roy." Avs games haven't been the same since then, but it's great to have him back as coach. He's doing an amazing job. I was at the 2nd game of the playoff series against the LA Kings in 2001, the last year they won the Cup. I showed up with no ticket and a bunch of cash in my pocket. I was lucky to find a dude with season tickets whose son usually went with him, but who was at a wedding. He sold me a row 20 center ice seat for face value.
    ohiocowboysfan25 and dupree89 like this.
  10. dupree89

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received

sounds like the Rev is a big hockey guy!
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,235 Messages
    2,800 Likes Received
    I live 4 miles from a final 4 team.
  12. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,373 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    No, I suffer in all three of the major sports. Mets, Cowboys and Rockets :(

Only three more months until Spring Training to start the cycle over :eek:
  13. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,115 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    I love the Houston Rockets and used to be an Astro's fan before they moved to the American League.
  14. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,871 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I'm a lifer Texas Rangers fan. While they did not make it to the postseason again, they still have a bright future and this should be an entertaining offseason for them. Also, OKC Thunder is a good distraction from football.
  15. dexternjack

5,373 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    LOL, it isn't like they moved to a different city. It is still the same team :cool:
  16. dupree89

1,837 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    Now see....here is an example: After the Saints loss, at least you have the Rockets to think about. So at various lows during the Cowboys season...you can at least have some 'hope' for a Rockets team that is expected to have a nice year!
  17. dexternjack

5,373 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Basketball is my least favorite sport of the three. If/when they suck, it really doesn't bother me. I have lost a lot of passion for bball over the years, especially since Olajuwon retired. I just kind of follow box scores now and catch the occasional game.
    dupree89 likes this.
  18. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

1,473 Messages
    337 Likes Received
    usa soccer team
  19. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,046 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Chiefs and Seahawks. Both are doing well this year so I'm not bothered in the least bit.

The Cowboys are slowly fading with my fandom.

Go Chiefs and Seahawks!
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  20. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Active Member

892 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    Sorry, but your post made me cringe. After what golden Tate did to Sean Lee, I'd love to see the Seahags wither and die, or better yet, go to the Super Bowl and build a 21-point lead, only to lose in the final seconds on a Hail Mary. I really hate the Seahags. They have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL. I did give a really pretty lady, a photography client, a Chiefs fan a little Chiefs football helmet as a gift. It was nice how happy it made her. This is her:
    [IMG]

It was cool that she liked it so much, but ain't no way I can root for the Chiefs. I can't root for any NFL team other than the Cowboys. If I do "root" for some other team in the Super Bowl when the Cowboys aren't there, it's so half-assed it doesn't count.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.