1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you have another team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dupree89, Nov 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

2,229 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received

I am trying to figure out if you are joking around or if you are serious. lol You got me stumped.
    Depending on your response, I may have a few questions for you sir. lol
  2. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Chelsea FC, NY Knicks, LSU Tigers
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    725 Likes Received
    It was a very bad joke actually.

I'm just depressed about this team.
    dupree89 likes this.
  4. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,487 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Nice thread guys. Good call, Dupree.

-I have been a Mavs fan but recently have gotten pulled into the Timberwolves orbit. Kevin Love is a fellow UCLA alum and is an amazing talent.

-Other NFL: I like the Colts and Luck. Humble kid. I have great respect for Russell Wilson but I hate the Seahawks team he plays for. I lived in Denver for five years so I can get mildly enthusiastic about the Broncos achievements.

-Huge Texas Rangers fan. Do the whole chat thing and have learned about saber metrics...
  5. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

754 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Another NFL team? No...unspeakable to me, of a real fan (no offense). I do like watching some individual players, but I root for no one else.

Others? Sooners, Thunder! and I do still miss The Beard :(
  6. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,873 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Kentucky Wildcats
  7. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,356 Messages
    1,721 Likes Received
    Irish in CFB (and they sucked against Pitt in a loss last weekend)
    Phillies - old and suck; top 10 draft pick
    76ers - young and suck (entertaining at the moment)
    Flyers - may be the worst of the bunch

I would never cheer for another NFL team (unless momentarily I have money on it)...thus, I got nothin'
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,910 Messages
    2,539 Likes Received
    Detroit Pistons -- rough recently but they've had periods of excellence since I started watching them in the 'Bad Boys' era.

Michigan State (basketball) -- I'm a big fan of Tom Izzo and his teams.

Detroit Tigers -- I'm a very casual fan -- basically watch during the final regular season stretch and the playoffs. I love going to games in person but otherwise I don't love baseball on TV.

Grand Valley State University (College Football) -- They are in Grand Rapids (where I live). An absolute joy to watch. Wide open offenses, and typically completely dominant at their level of play (Divison II). They've won 72% of their game since inception and 4 Division 2 national championships in the last 10 years. Great small college atmosphere -- tickets on the 50 yard line - row 1 still only cost $15-17 or so / etc / etc. Brian Kelly (Notre Dame's coach) got his start there and coached them for 12 years.

Green Bay Packers -- As I've discussed here before nearly every Sunday in my home or a family member's home the Cowboys ANd Packers are on simultaneously -- so pretty much I watch both of their games and often find myself comparing the two teams (and is evidenced here on CZ). Not my favorite team but have a lot of respect fo the organization. I've also been to Lambeau 2-3 times over the years and had enjoyed the experience immensely.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  9. MathewSK81

MathewSK81 Active Member

164 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    Arizona State Sun Devils
    Arsenal FC
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Phoenix Suns
  10. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia!

20,170 Messages
    1,363 Likes Received
    My Dodgers did very well this past season.
    My Lakers appear to be floundering. Hopefully they hold it together until Kobe gets back.
    My Gamescocks football team appears to be back on track and hopefully breaks back into the top 10 before season's end. I can't wait until they start using playoffs to leverage true college football champions..

For anyone wondering, I was born in South Carolina but only lived there 2 years of my life (age 8-10). I grew up in SoCal (age 10-18).

As a military brat, I lived in Wichita Falls Tx @ Sheppard AFB from age 5-8. During that time, my father brought home a football with a big blue star on it. The rest is history.
  11. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,910 Messages
    2,539 Likes Received
    Love that.

Growing up deep in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan my choices of teams I would eventually spend my entire lifetime rooting for were very much dictated by which team's jerseys were available to be ordered in the Sears or Montgomery Ward's catalogs -- there were never more than 4-5 -- and the Cowboys were always one of them.
    Bleu Star likes this.
  12. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

437 Messages
    53 Likes Received

I didn't know what to think when they hired Roy I was just really surprised. I did hear that he was coaching in Canada but still I didn't think he'd be a NHL coach let alone the Avs coach. Did you see the interview last month that Roy had with Osgood? OMG that was so awkward, even for me sitting at home watching it. If you haven't seen it you should check it out because it was great.

I am so jealous, I would have loved to see any of their cup runs in person but unfortunately I live to far away. I got into the Avs/hockey thanks to my boyfriend who loves all Colorado teams and I started following the avs at the perfect time...their Stanley cup years so i'm spoiled. We live in Ohio so we go and watch the Avs when they play the Penguins and Columbus but I won't go to Detroit because it's still heated with the fans. Anyways, it's great to know that there's another Avs fan around here. Cheers my friend!
    Reverend Conehead likes this.
  13. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,525 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    NFL and College Sports...

Should be pretty obvious.

NBA : Lakers
    MLB: Orioles
    NHL: Caps

I didn't root against the local teams when I lived in different cities...except for the Patriots and Falcons...crappy fans.

I slightly root for UT (Tennessee) because my sister and brother are both alumni. But I don't really care about them.

So yeah, all my teams are terrible this year.

haha.
  14. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,987 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    I find myself cheering for some teams like the saints and seahawks but no. We may have sucked for 20 years and will for maybe another 10 but no team can give me the feeling the cowboys do when they play. Theres something about the star and the whole vibe with the cowboys in general. For some reason I just havent been huge into football this year. I know a sb is out of the question this year but itd be nice to get the anticipation of a playoff game for once.
    dupree89 likes this.
  15. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,316 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    NHL Devils, love em'
  16. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,841 Messages
    2,023 Likes Received
    Syracuse basketball.

YR
  17. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,892 Messages
    1,214 Likes Received
  18. erickb

erickb Member

194 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Seattle Sounders, Dallas FC, RSL, Houston Dynamo Chelsea, Almost any soccer game that is on TV (Men or Woman's) Dallas Stars, Seattle Seahawks ( I was stationed here from 94-96 and moved back in 2000)
  19. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,849 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    No other NFL team. When you grow up with the Cowboys it is a lifetime thing. No other team come close. It is a Texas thing, ah guess.

However, re collegeate, I like Texas Tech, and Baylor, especially when they crush the Universe of Texas.
  20. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,112 Messages
    1,055 Likes Received
    The only other sports team I follow are the Chicago Bulls. My dad got me interested in watching sports about 20 years ago. The only two teams we ever watched... the Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bulls. This was in their prime! I loved their uniforms, the players, WINNING, playoffs, championships, playing video games with those teams etc etc. How far both teams have fallen since the "glory days".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.