1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Do you think Dion Jordan is still an option in the 4-3?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by tm1119, Jan 20, 2013.

1. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,100 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Given the fact that we will already have D Ware on 1 side of course.

Looking at the top players on the d-line and who could possibly fall to #18 I think Jordan is a possibility. He would be a great value at #18 given the rare athlete he is and his even rarer skill set. The only problem is that he is a major tweener for the 4-3 given the fact that he may lack the mass and strength to play DE. So is he a 3-4 OLB only, or do you think he can play 4-3 DE? And would you draft him at #18 if he gets that far.
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,844 Messages
    10,138 Likes Received
    Yes. You can't factor Ware into it. He's on the downside of his career and even if he wasn't, we should look to collect pass rushers.
  3. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    He is one of my favorite guys. I think he could play some Sam and rush on 3rd down.
  4. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,173 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Absolutely. See the Giants.

The more, the merrier.
  5. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think he can can play DE, but he may have to be a situational pass rusher for a year till he can add some bulk.

He could stand to gain 25 to 30 lbs. He has a pretty lean frame but with the help of nutritionist, I think he can do it.
  6. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,267 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Walterfootball has him mocked to the Giants, actually. I would be tempted to pick him up just to keep him away from the Giants.